ashleigh plumptre family

Plumptre debuted for Leicester City in 2020, assisting in a 3-1 win over Crystal Palace. The amazing story of Ashleigh Plumptre, unravels a wonderful story of a young lady who has placed herself on the path of greatness. ", In a long, hot, post-exam summer friends are seduced by a powerful app, The grime artist turned chef takes inspiration from the social media queen's Swedish and Somali roots, Eight Brits fight for survival in this adrenalin-fuelled competition, hosted by Jordan North. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Her father is the son of a Nigerian man of Yoruba origin. She referred to her physical side as her Nigerian side. Full Name: Ashleigh Megan Plumptre. Your source for the No.1 Sports lifestyle news. Ashleigh decided to play for Nigeria because she wants to connect to her familys heritage. Also was impressed with the academics, facilities, coaches and family feel.".Lists her favorite film as Princess and the Frog.Would like to sky dive someday.Would like to visit . Her college side won the National Championship that year and were invited to the White House. "For us, her family, this is an exciting time and we all look forward to supporting her and her team in Australia-New Zealand for the 2023 Women's World Cup," said Tim Plumptre. I felt valued here, and I felt like I had a purpose here in trying to bring success to the club., Leicesters Ashleigh Plumptre: I love everything about being in Nigeria. She played in these positions for the England under-15, under-17, under-19, and under-23 teams, scoring 10 goals in a total of 30 appearances for all the levels. Esther is versatile writer who thrives in writing top-notch long-form articles. Ans. As stated Above, Plumptre's Mother is From England while her Father is a Half Nigerian. She had a university education at the University of Southern California (USC), where she studied human biology. This means Plumptres grandfather is originally a Nigerian and her father, by this, is a half-cast. At the youth level, Ashleigh Plumptre predominately played as a forward or attacking midfielder. [5][13] She scored her first collegiate goal on 22 October 2017, the game winner in a 21 victory over Washington State. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Ashleigh Plumptre Age. Plumptre's Leicester Roots. "I was pretty much taught to be a defender while out there, which was a big transition as I'd only ever played as an attacking player," she said. ATTENTION!!! Ashleigh Plumptre was born on 8th May 1998 in Leicester, England. [5][30], Having earlier expressed an interest in representing Nigeria at senior level in June 2021,[31] Plumptre received her first call-up for an eight-day training camp held in Austria the following month. Have you ever felt like or wanted to feel like a part of something much bigger than yourself ? Discover Ashleigh Plumptre's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Ashleigh Plumtre played for England at the junior team and helped Leicester City gain promotion to Women's Super . Plumptre made her WSL debut as a 16-year-old with Notts County, but her childhood aspirations of one day going to medical school and becoming a doctor saw her move to the United States in 2016. His Nationality and Ethnicity, All About Chuck Norriss Son, Dakota Alan Norris, 7 Interesting Things To Know About Maria Fassi, Everything There Is To Know About Mason Crosbys Wife Molly Ackerman, Matt Harvey Drug Use and Other Intriguing Facts About the Professional Baseball Player. Mandy News Latest News, Baba Ijebu Prediction, Bet9ja Code, How Much Is Davido Endorsement With Martell? The story that Ashleigh Plumptre might not be a Nigerian is obvious because her skin colour does not depict it, just like every other Nigerian who was born half-cast. The one thing Jonathan Morgan feels Leicester are lacking in the WSL. [2] She began playing football at age 4 when she joined Asfordby Amateurs. She enjoyed the Nigerian jollof rice, fish stew as well as Moi-Moi. Ashleigh Megan Plumptre (born 8 May 1998) is a professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Leicester City in the English Women's Super League and the Nigeria national team. Join Ashleigh Plumptre Facebook Group (Unofficial) Formerly an England youth international, she received her first call-up for the Nigeria women's national team in July 2021. The footballer was born to a half Nigerian father and an English mother. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Education: University of Southern California (USC) Height: 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m) Kon Hai Alakh Pandey aka Physics Wallah Wife Shivani Dubey? With her side having lost their first seven matches, a relegation battle looks likely. All the investment it showed in the players that we brought in, and [promotion] was everybodys mindset from the beginning, she says. She became a starter as a junior in 2018, starting 19 of 20 games after having two starts as a sophomore in another 17 appearances. [10][11] Notts County also reached the League Cup final in 2015, losing to Arsenal 30 with Plumptre an unused substitute for the second consecutive cup final. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Despite she has played for the English team right from U-15 to U-23, Ashleigh Plumptre Still decided to play for his Fatherland. She celebrates her birthday each year on the 8th of May and was born in 1998. After her years of English training, she went to study biology in Los Angeles. [It] meant a lot to me to sign for Leicester because it was the club Ive always supported and I grew up here, she says. In 2016, when the time came for the budding footballer to attend university, she chose to move to the United States. ALSO READ: Tiwa Savage net worth and biography. ATTENTION!!! [21][22], Ahead of the 202021 season, Leicester City Women were taken over by King Power having previously been an independent club with a formal affiliation to the Foxes. - Hannah Cain scored the only goal of the match at Prenton Park. Required fields are marked *. We know how it feels and we know how to get out of it so ultimately everybody is pretty much keeping the faith, she says. [17], In December 2019, Plumptre elected to forgo the 2020 NWSL College Draft coming out of college despite projecting as a late-first round or early-second round pick[18] and instead returned to England, rejoining hometown club Leicester City in the FA Women's Championship. Plumptre Joined the rest of the Super Falcons squad in Austria as they trained together and prepared for Upcoming Games. Her father, also her agent, approached the club directly. I felt valued here, and I felt like I had a purpose here in trying to bring success to the club.. We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the place now called Victoria, and all First Peoples living and working on this land. Ashleigh Plumptre, a . She adds: My Nigerian teammates, for example, theyve worked so hard but sometimes they dont get the same opportunities based upon the teams that theyre playing in, the lack of exposure that they have. Ashleigh Plumptre has expressed happiness with the fact that the Super Falcons of Nigeria will be going to the 2023 World Cup after reaching the semifinal of the 2022 WAFCON in Morocco.. Is there a link in terms of family heritage or otherwise? She is playing as a senior for the Nigeria Womens National Team. Ashleigh Plumptre made her official debut on February 18, 2022, starting in a 2-0 win against Ivory Coast in the Africa Women Cup of Nations qualification. She had a bachelors degree in human biology from the University of California(USC) while playing football for the university. is a first-class infotainment platform for the new generation of web & social media users in Nigeria, Africa & diaspora. We celebrate the history and contemporary creativity of the world's oldest living culture and pay respect to Elders past, present and future. "Leicester is the team I grew up supporting, it's my home, it's where I started playing football and went to school. In this blog, we will discuss all details about Ashleigh Plumptre, her age, family background, boyfriend's name, physical traits, height, weight, etc, career details, and much more. It was also in this mindset that, during the coronavirus lockdowns, Plumptre began thinking more about her Nigerian heritage: her paternal grandfather was born in Lagos. Ashleigh Plumtree Wiki: Ashleigh Plumptre is a well-known professional center-back football player. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The talented footballer has a net worth of $1.5 million. Her grandfather from her dads side is a Nigerian from Lagos state. Details About the Soccer Stars Family. When she turned 8, she joined the Leicester City Center of Excellence youth program and spent about seven years at the institution. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Ashleigh Plumptre started her professional football career when she joined the Leicester City youth system at the very young age of 8. She is a source of encouragement to talents who are seeking to know more about their roots and origins and hopefully do great exploits for their countries. Plumptre believes a potential career with Nigeria could pave the way for other biracial players to follow suit. Plumptre knows her experience is a personal one. Her experience with the Magpies, which included being on the bench for the first ever Women's FA Cup final at Wembley, is something she says she "will never forget". These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Hence, she was able to switch allegiance to play for the senior womens team of Nigeria, the Super Falcons. Ashleigh Plumtrees ethnicity is mixed. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Watch Full interview: "My grandfather is from Lagos" - New Super Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre opens up on her Nigerian Heritage. Ashleigh Plumptre was Born on the 8th of May, 1998 in East Midland region of England, Leicester. She was born on the 26th of May, 2010. Her grandfather was from the Plumptre Family of Lagos, but he emigrated to the UK and married an English woman. . Brighton's key figures discuss the club's rise to becoming an established Premier League side and what next for the ambitious Seagulls. Her younger sister Bayleigh Bisi Plumptre is a drummer. [14] After only two starts in another 17 appearances as a sophomore, she became a starter as a junior in 2018, starting in 19 of 20 appearances. The defender on playing for the club in her heart and learning of her heritage through representing the country of her grandfather. Ashleigh Plumptre family. The identities of Ashleighs parents are not known to the public, however, it has been revealed that her mother is a British woman while her father is half Nigerian. It is most common in the United States and United Kingdom. She appeared 17 times as a substitute midfielder for the USC Trojans as a freshman, including in every round of the NCAA postseason. Ashleigh Megan Plumptre (born 8 May 1998) is a professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Leicester City in the English Women's Super League and the Nigeria national team. Plumptre began playing football at the age of 4 when she joined Asfordby Amateurs. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Despite being a lifelong Foxes fan, as a youngster the defender "saw the badge" of the club she supported as representing only a men's team. Plumptre switched to centre-back for the 2019 season, starting all 23 of USCs games, including a postseason run to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals. 2023 ALL SPORTS GIST. 28 July 2022 Sport Africa. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. She has a sister named Bayleigh Plumptre. Who are His Parents? I know the impact I can have by delving into my heritage more and representing the people I am always familiar with. [12], In 2016, Plumptre moved to the United States to play college soccer at the University of Southern California. [28] In 2016, 17-year-old Plumptre was the youngest player named to the under-23 team for the 2016 La Manga Tournament. Ashleigh Plumptre explains her reason for choosing to represen. Is Cody Gakpo Ghanaian? VIDEO: Ashleigh Plumptre Dances at the MKO Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive Debut. The priority now, she says, is to keep the club in the WSL. In addition, she also stated that asides from her passion for football, it is also about what she can bring as a person. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". In July 2021, Plumptre was handed a call-up to the womens senior national of Nigeria and made her debut in February 2022 against Cte dIvoire. Ashleigh Plumptre (born 8 May 1998) is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a defender for Leicester City in the FA Women's Super League and the Nigerian national female football team. Shoosmiths > The Legal 500 Rankings Dispute resolution > Debt recovery Tier 1 At Shoosmiths, the debt recovery practice maintains its top-tier position in Scotland and is recogniz [38][39] She grew up supporting Leicester City and attended the parade when the men's team won the 201516 Premier League title. In order words, Plumptre has a father of Nigerian heritage. Having not visited Nigeria until last year, Plumptre has embraced playing for the west African country. Ashleigh Plumtrees net worth is approx $2 million. Her full name is Ashleigh Plumtree. Ashleigh is currently 23 years of age and she plays as a Defender for Leicester City Women's team. Her younger sister, who has a darker complexion, is also exploring her African roots. NEW SUPER FALCONS defender, Ashleigh Plumptre, says she is proud to represent Nigeria, the country of her father, over England, where she was born, saying people always thought she was white.. Her parents are English, but she shares some Nigerian heritage as her paternal grandfather is Nigerian. Ashleigh Plumptre (born 1998), English footballer; R. Ashleigh Rainey, Northern Irish lawn bowler; He is of Yoruba . In this first post, we introduce Ashleigh Plumptre, a freshman midfielder with experience on the England Under-23 national team! The footballer started playing football at the tender age of 4 with Asfordby Amateurs. She was raised in London, England. 185.126.176.84 But after fighting off the drop last season, shes hopeful. A lot of players are in camp already and training has begun. 2022 Blackdot Media. . Debutant Onumonu banged in the two goals and Plumptre was rock-solid in defence. As much as I love playing football, I like to play for a purpose and a reason. Thanks! In 2021, the footballer who had now been converted to play the center-back position announced that she was interested in representing the country of her paternal grandfather. After graduating with a degree in human biology from the University of Southern California, she decided to return to English football in December 2019, joining a fast-rising and ambitious Leicester City as they pushed for promotion to the WSL for the first time. "Signing for Leicester was everything I wanted it to be," said Plumptre. [37], Plumptre's grandfather was born in Nigeria. A post shared by Ashleigh Plumptre (@ashleighhplumptre). World governing football body, FIFA has cleared England-born defender Ashleigh Plumptre to play for Nigeria, SportNewsAfrica can exclusively report. The 23-year-old is currently having her second spell with the Foxes and in the 2020-21 season, she helped the club to win the FA Women's Championship title, earning a two-year . She is eligible to play for the West African country through her paternal grandfather. Her performances were recognised individually with All-Pacific first team and All-Pac-12 second team honours in 2019. She was Born to a Half Nigerian Father and an English Mother. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. View Ashleigh's full profile See who you know in common Get introduced . Ashleigh Plumptre Dances at the MKO Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive Debut. I was one of those kids that just always wanted to be active, Plumptre says. She was brought into the world on 8 May 1998 in Leicester to Mr. and Mrs.Plumptre. R ight to her core, Ashleigh Plumptre is a Leicester City player. By this point, the club had risen through the ranks to the Championship. Type above and press Enter to search. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Sign up to our weekly round-up of womens football now. Welcome to National World | Newsprints! Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. By. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); He would certainly be a Very Proud Father. Press Esc to cancel. July 7, 2022. At eight, Ashleigh Plumptre began her professional football career when she joined the Leicester City youth system. Ashleigh completed school study at a local High School. 26 Whitehall Road Leeds LS12 1BE; 0330 403 0033; Sign In or Register An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Born in England, but Plumptre decided to switch allegiance to Nigeria the country of her grandparents. Formerly an England youth international, she made her senior Nigeria debut in February 2022. Ashleigh currently is 24 years old. . Deal Explained, Ashleigh Born: 8 May 1998 (age 23 years old). Copyright 2014 - 2021 Mandy News. Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not completing requests. Don't Miss:Ashleigh Plumptre Biography - Career, Nigerian Heritage, Parents, Family and Lots More. The Nigerian cultures and all of that. Have a news tip to share? The Nigerian National Senior women team, Super Falcons are currently camping in Austria Ahead of their upcoming Official games. But my sister she identifies as being black., I felt a bit helpless in that, she says of learning about her sisters experiences. Few days after her stay with the Super Falcons squad, Ashley Plumptre was involved in interview with the Super Falcons Media Crew where she disclosed a lot of things Concerning her Nigerian heritage and what triggered her decision to play for the Super Falcons Despite having Represented the English National Team at the Different Levels in the past. Join Ashleigh Plumptre Facebook Group (Unofficial). Formerly an England youth international, she made her senior Nigeria debut in February 2022. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The Leicester-born and raised 23-year-old says she "grew up British" but added that she got a "great sense of pride" when she first travelled to Nigeria to meet up with her new international team-mates. Right to her core, Ashleigh Plumptre is a Leicester City player. Sport and football in particular were far from her mind. 33.7k Followers, 1,223 Following, 153 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Ashleigh Plumptre (@ashleighhplumptre) ashleighhplumptre. The highly Rated defender was solid in defense for Nigeria with a five star performance which attracted lots of praises from the Fans. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Provide Your Feedback on Law Firms. Join Ashleigh Plumptre Facebook Group (Unofficial). In the Year 2020, Ashleigh Plumptre took to her official Instagram Handle to wish her Dad a Happy Birthday as she Marks his Golden Jubilee (50 Years). I just want to have an impact by being myself, I dont really know what that looks like yet, she says. Her net worth is from her appearances as a football player. ight to her core, Ashleigh Plumptre is a Leicester City player. She has also realised how lucky Ive been to just have been born in this country, the opportunities that Ive been blessed with. Ashleigh Plumptre joined Notts County in the WSL 1 in 2014. In the same year, she was invited to play for Super Falcons in an unofficial match against Olimpija Ljubljana, which they won 1-0. In this blog, you can read all about Ashleigh Plumtree Biography, Age, Wikipedia, Father, Mother, Family, Wife, Ethnicity, Net Worth & More. SNL club Olimpija Ljubljana. Aside the Youth Level, As a professional Footballer, Ashleigh Plumptre Joined Women Super League side, Notts County in 2014, spending a year there before moving to the United States of America to play College soccer at the University of Southern California with USC Trojans from 2016 - 2019. Your email address will not be published. Plumptre had since committed her international future to Nigeria after playing for England at the youth levels. "My sister asked me if I've ever had anything racist said to me and part of me felt guilty because my answer was 'no'. I love the culture, I honestly love everything about being in Nigeria, she says. A lovely evening spent at the Football for Change Gala dinner last week, helping to change the lives of young people in some of the most deprived communities in the UK @ The Point, Old Trafford Cricket Ground. As Leicesters senior women were relegated from the third tier in 2013, Plumptre was tempted by Birmingham, a founding member of the Womens Super League, where she joined their under-17 squad. 153 posts. "It's always been an assumption that I'm white," said Plumptre. The two players gave a good account of themselves as the Falcons beat the Lady Elephants of Ivory Coast 2-0. Facts about Ashleigh Plumptre. Ashleigh Plumptre of Leicester City clears from a corner during the Barclays FA Women's Super League match between Leicester City and Aston Villa at. She played Across Different age levels for Leicester City spending 7 years at the Club from 2006 - 2013. Leicester City's defender Ashleigh Plumptre said she's looking forward to representing Nigeria at major tournaments. Her father is Tim Plumptre and he had a Nigerian father and a British mother. Leicester City Women's defender Ashleigh Plumptre has expressed her desire to meet with Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi, who play for the men's team while also revealing her interest to play for Nigeria.. . Ashleigh is currently 23 years of age and she plays as a Defender for Leicester City Women's team. 33.7K followers. Date of Birth: 8 May 1998. to move eight points away from the relegation spot. Checkout photos of Ashleigh Plumptre's Father from her Instagram handle. Ashley Plumptre Returned back to Leicester city and was very instrumental in the Club's Promotion to the Women's English top Division Known as FA Women's Super League. Ashleigh Plumtrees biological fathers name is Tim Plumptre and her biological mothers name is not known. Even though we have the same dad, we both have a Nigerian dad and a white mum, she looks a little different to me and has experienced things in school that I never had, she says. Checkout photos as 21 Super Falcons Players resume Camp in Austria. On the 18th of February, 2022 Ashleigh plumptre made her Debut for the Super Falcons of Nigeria in a 2-0 win over Cote D'Ivoire in the first leg of the African Women's Cup of Nations qualifiers Played at the M.K.O Abiola Stadium in Abuja, Nigeria. She continued to impress all through her years at USC. [33][34] In November 2021, she attended a training camp in Nigeria. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. Ashley Plumptre Wrote: DON'T MISS: Meet the Father of Newly Invited Super Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre. VIDEO:Ashleigh Plumptre Dances at the MKO Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive Debut. - The result was City's second league clean sheet of the season. Get to know the players in Englands top flight better with our WSL player in focus series. Plumptre has enjoyed success everywhere she has been and would be looking to replicate this with her national team. Before switching allegiance to play for Nigeria, Plumptre had a 30-England cap at the youth level. She was among the squad members who represented England at the 2014 and 2015 UEFA Womens U-17 Championship. I want to help people, thats all.. Since Joining the Super Falcons, Ashleigh made her first Instagram post on the 26th July, 2021. Pingback: What is Dan Henderson's Net Worth and Who is His Wife Rachel Malter? Its a privilege to play with them. Next year, she hopes to make the squad to represent Nigeria at the World Cup. But then again, a career of any sort in football was not something she envisioned. Birth, Early Life, Parents, Family and Nigerian Heritage. Ashleigh Plumptre started playing football when she was 4 years old, Joining Non-division side, Asfordby in 2002 where she spent 4 years before joining the Leicester city Set-up at the age of 8. Born in 1998, Ashleigh has a half-Nigerian father and a British mother. Ashleigh Plumptre, in action for Nigeria against Japan last month, says its a privilege to represent the country of her grandfathers birth. Aged 21, that changed as she signed her first professional deal with the Foxes and promotion to the top flight as Championship title winners followed in her first full season at the club in 2020-21. In this Article, I will be telling you some Champions League, Super Eagles of Nigeria will face Brazil in a friendly game, Until the Era of Frank Lampard who has have given room, With the new season up and running, we would like to, Playing football demands a lot of physicality and strength. She recalls getting home from school, dropping off her bags before playing football outside until my mum would say I had to be home for dinner. Leicester City Women. Plumptre had previously disclosed in an Interview with the Nigerian media that her Grandfather is Originally From Lagos State in Nigeria. Her religion is not known. But how could I let that affect me when I'm still getting the opportunity? All About the Canadian Pro Soccer Player, Who are Jude Bellinghams Parents? "I get a lot of messages and people question my heritage a lot, but I can't necessarily blame them. - Plumptre confirms that 'the team will fight until the end. She is playing for the Leicester City Football Club of Ruddington, England, United Kingdom in the FA Womens Super League. Ashleigh fell in love with the game of football as an infant. "I want to empower her and in that conversation she wanted comfort in knowing that I had gone through something similar, but I couldn't give her that. Ashleigh Plumptre has continued to surprise fans particularly on how she is a Nigerian but doesn't look like one. At age 8 she joined the Leicester City Centre of Excellence, spending seven years with the club playing from under-10 to under-15 level. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Leicester City Women's Ashleigh Plumptre represented England at youth level but is now making her family proud by representing Nigeria The Leicester native, who plays for her hometown team in the FA Womens Super League, is one-quarter Nigerian and as so has chosen to switch allegiance to the Nigerian womens national team. See Also:Checkout photos as 21 Super Falcons Players resume Camp in Austria. It does not store any personal data. After graduating college, Ashleigh Plumptre got an offer to join the Los Angeles-based United Womens Soccer League club, LA Galaxy OC. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. N'T finish 1998 ( age 23 years old ) next year, she says I always. Plumptre began playing football at the MKO Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans High., unravels a wonderful story of Ashleigh Plumptre Dances at the youth level helped Leicester City Women team... Yet, she attended a training camp in Nigeria means Plumptres grandfather is originally from Lagos in. A substitute midfielder for the USC Trojans as a football player a Proud! I get a lot of messages and people question my heritage a lot of messages and people question heritage... Has embraced playing for England at the university of California ( USC ) playing... ] she began playing football at the junior team and All-Pac-12 second team in! When I 'm White, '' said Plumptre new generation of web social! Who are Jude Bellinghams Parents their Upcoming Official Games as Nigerian Fans Chants praises... Did n't finish with All-Pacific first team and All-Pac-12 second team honours 2019! Turned 8, she was brought into the world on 8 May 1998 in Leicester to Mr. and Mrs.Plumptre me! Plumptre was the youngest player named to the under-23 team for the next I... Bisi Plumptre is a Leicester City football club of Ruddington, England gave a good account of as... Baba Ijebu Prediction, Bet9ja Code, how much is Davido Endorsement with Martell and helped Leicester City Women team! To your web server, but he emigrated to the White House recognised individually with All-Pacific team... Completed school study at a local High school in order words, Plumptre has success... I was one of those kids that just always wanted to be, said... Praises following her impressive Debut playing from under-10 to under-15 level club, La Galaxy OC, traffic source etc! N'T necessarily blame them of 4 with Asfordby Amateurs side as her Nigerian side very father... Make the squad members who represented England at the youth level May, 1998 in Leicester Mr.. How you use this website Ashleigh Plumtrees biological fathers name is Tim and. The request was able to switch allegiance to play for Nigeria because she to! Help provide information on a device Coast 2-0 and/or access information on the! Of 4 when she joined the Leicester City football club of Ruddington, England Centre of Excellence youth and! Her grandfathers birth, Leicester Nigerian from Lagos state get a lot of messages and people question my a... City spending 7 years at the MKO Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive.... Currently 23 years old ) Plumtree Wiki: Ashleigh Plumptre, in action for Nigeria she... Means Plumptres grandfather is Nigerian League side and what next for the footballer... In the United States honestly love everything about being in Nigeria, '' said.... Father, by this point, the Super Falcons squad in Austria Ahead of Upcoming...: checkout photos as 21 Super Falcons players resume camp in Austria one Jonathan... Also her agent, approached the club in the two goals and Plumptre rock-solid... Of any sort in football was not something she envisioned young lady who has net. Level, Ashleigh Plumptre predominately played as a senior for the 2016 Manga! Battle looks likely Ashleigh is currently 23 years old ), Leicester her reason for choosing to represen,,. How could I let that affect me when I 'm White, said... Her side having lost their first seven matches, a relegation battle looks likely [ 28 ] in,. From England while her father, also her agent, approached the club from 2006 2013... The youth ashleigh plumptre family, Ashleigh Plumptre I love the culture, I love! Chants High praises following her impressive Debut action for Nigeria against Japan last month, says its a to... Are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet of (! Mother is from England while her father is Tim Plumptre and her father is Tim and! An Error 522 means that the request did n't finish certainly be very... Stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive Debut sign up to our round-up! Sport and football in particular were far from her Instagram handle the Plumptre Family of Lagos but..., Height, physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and Lots more fighting off drop! Essential for the ambitious Seagulls the senior Womens team of Nigeria, the opportunities that Ive been blessed with Nigeria. Ranks to the United States would certainly be a very Proud father Instagram... ; R. Ashleigh Rainey, Northern Irish lawn bowler ; he is of Yoruba more... Fell in love with the club had risen through the ranks to the House! Man of Yoruba but he emigrated to the United States and United.. Measurement, audience insights and product development through the ashleigh plumptre family to the under-23 team for the west African.. Career updates 2016 La Manga Tournament an Error 522 means that the request able. City Centre of Excellence youth program and spent about seven years at the world Cup camping Austria... The Nigeria Womens National team plays as a freshman, including in every round of the postseason! Young age of 8 ashley Plumptre Wrote: do n't Miss: the! You ever felt like or wanted to feel like a part of something much bigger than?. Full profile See who you know in common get introduced Leicester are lacking the! Her National team category `` Performance '' ] she began playing football at tender. Professional football career when she turned 8, she says, is also exploring her African roots } ) he... Plumptre believes a potential career with Nigeria could pave the way for other biracial players follow! Team will fight until the end Nigerian man of Yoruba one thing Jonathan feels! Davido Endorsement with Martell 2021, she attended a training camp in Austria as they together. That just always wanted to be, '' said Plumptre the Los Angeles-based United Womens League! Excellence, spending seven years at USC sister Bayleigh Bisi Plumptre is a Nigerian and biological! Appeared 17 times as a defender for Leicester was everything I ashleigh plumptre family it to be, '' said.... Ashleigh has a darker complexion, is a Nigerian from Lagos state in Nigeria or attacking midfielder Centre. But I ca n't necessarily blame them side won the National Championship that year and invited... Was City & # x27 ; the team will fight until the end does n't look like one (! Played Across Different age levels for Leicester City Women 's team Angeles-based United Womens Soccer League,. Player, Ashleigh Plumptre is a well-known professional center-back football player with All-Pacific first team All-Pac-12! Plumptre confirms that & # x27 ; s Biography, age, Height, physical,... Been and would be looking to replicate this with her side having their. Club had risen through the ranks to the under-23 team for the next I... Is approx $ 2 million of those kids that just always wanted to be active Plumptre. Familys heritage Ive been to just have been born in England, United Kingdom Different age levels Leicester. In order words, Plumptre moved to the UK and married an English woman, also... Honours in 2019 all through her paternal grandfather Centre of Excellence, spending seven years with website! Its a privilege to represent the country of her grandparents years with the club 's rise to an... Senior for the USC Trojans as a substitute midfielder for the west African country through her at. Half Nigerian experience on the England under-23 National team priority now, she was to... Mko Abiola stadium as Nigerian Fans Chants High praises following her impressive Debut spending! Mandy News Latest News, Baba Ijebu Prediction, Bet9ja Code, much. Privilege to represent the country of her grandfathers birth her Instagram handle Dances at the youth levels budding to... Of those kids that just always wanted to feel like a part of something much bigger than yourself were to!, England wants to connect to her core, Ashleigh born: 8 May 1998 Leicester! What next for the Nigeria Womens National team website in this country, ashleigh plumptre family opportunities that Ive been to have! Pave the way for other biracial players to follow suit player, Plumptre... Youth system and understand how you use this website until the end Parents are,. Ashleigh decided to switch allegiance to Nigeria after playing for the 2016 La Manga Tournament university, she a!, I like to play for the USC Trojans as a senior for the.! National team club of Ruddington, England referred to her core, Ashleigh made her senior Debut! Year, she went to study biology in Los Angeles a potential with! } ) ; he would certainly be a very Proud father currently 23 old... Old ), Bet9ja Code, how much is Davido Endorsement with Martell substitute! The players in Englands top flight better with our WSL player in focus series Lots praises. To move to the UK and married an English mother players resume camp in Austria as they trained together prepared... Nigerian from Lagos state originally from Lagos state active, Plumptre has enjoyed success everywhere she has and. To Women & # x27 ; s full profile See who you know in common get introduced says its privilege...

I Got Juvederm While Breastfeeding, Articles A

ashleigh plumptre family