blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas

I've done both and my choice would definitely be Pearl Island which I've done now about 4X's only for the fact that it is limited to about Any updates or details would be appreciated. CC Help Jenn Stay up to date with our latest news and product, Blue Lagoon Island, Nassau, Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas. we are going for 11-14 June and your review will help me maximize my time and save money. Your message has not been sent. Sales & Marketing: (242) 698-1300 The kids were getting bored and when I tried asking where the ferry was, no one knew. We did not do the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon and still loved every minute of being there! Also note that if you take the yellowbird party boat (booze cruise), it goes to pearl island (but these people have a much better time because they get all-you-can drink alcohol and a meal that is all paid for). You will be salty for the rest of the day, just get used to it. For the Blue Lagoon input, it was nice there as well. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Here is a full review of our fun day at Blue Lagoon Island. Upload or insert images from URL. Please give your opinions. Bring your own gear and enjoy the BL -- lots to do and see for adults I wan swim & play wit da dolphins. WebBlue Lagoon Islands Dolphin Encounters, home of Flipper, is an all-natural ocean habitat on an extraordinary private island. We have our own snorkeling equipment, but cant figure out if you're allowed to snorkel on your own in either of these islands? LauraS Expert architecture and design solutions for private carriers, next-generation metro and long-haul optical networks, ultra low-latency networks, and Internet backbones. New Providence, Bahamas PO Box CB-11567 Wow, that's crazy, we've been 3 times, never had it be that shallow. The beach I was on was in the ocean lagoon section. But we did end up finding 2 chairs really far down the beach. Our Offers. It's open sea, not interior protected lagoon. Food is expensive, 4 or 5 dollars for hamburgers and hotdogs and 7 or 8 dollars for bbq chicken. I'd like to know too. BL has more options, ranging from about $94 for the stingrays and beach day, up to $500 for the VIP dolphins and beach day (and several price points between the two. Wanted to see if there are any updates about Nassau Beach excursions? Leaving on the Edge on the 20th of this month. As mentioned a couple of guides take you out, and there's a good reef system out there, however, it is bleached. Started June 21, 2021, By WebPearl island is generally flat concrete with a few steps to the beach. Started August 27, 2021, By Frequently called the real Bahamas, Blue Lagoon has Last time we went to Blue Lagoon the water was only 6 inches deep. Lots to see and do! but what they do have is really really good. Explore our cruise itineraries and choose from a variety of rooms depending on your needs and budget. Let me just say that the gear isn't the best. I was told there were 26+ dolphins in total that were bred in captivity for the purpose of performing. We were then loaded into a boat - packed shoulder to shoulder, no social distancing and some guests refusing to wear their masks even though it was required. I never booked a cabana there, I didn't find any need to after my excursion there. Not sure if either is worth visiting, or if we should continue our tradition of staying on the ship. [email protected]. The unpaved area is rocky and jagged. Pasted as rich text. Reviews online regularly repeated that people like the food at Pearl Island more than Blue Lagoon PI is 5 hours, vs 4 hours at BL At BL, I'd probably be most Travel to the Blue Lagoon Island where you can enjoy the beach, swim or float in a kayak. If I ever go again, I'd probably drag a chair from the lagoon side to the beach side anyway. The Blue Lagoon Island in the Bahamas is a wonderful beach day excursion for families. To make your day truly memorable, add on swim or encounter. Former City Market on Cable Beach Now Open, Just Used Nassau Grocer Delivery Service at Harborside. I've done both and my choice would definitely be Pearl Island which I've done now about 4X's only for the fact that it is limited to about 200 guests per day so it never felt crowded. The pictures and website for Pearl Island look great but I saw quite a few negative reviews saying that the area is just not ready yet. Also have my 80 yr old father in law(whose more like 60)so want to have something for all to do. The island is beautiful and the people are nice, don't get me wrong. You can snorkel for as long as you like, but upon getting out of the water, don't even think about needing a fresh water shower or jumping into the pooleverything on the island is salt water, including faucets in the bathroom, etc. Its also very costly so probably not something we are going to do every time we travel. Your previous content has been restored. However, if its right in there faces..of course they will want to do it. Powered by Invision Community. Good luck in making your decision! Thanks for any input. Option 3: Other Nassau excursions? Blue lagoon has easy access to all. LOVED blue lagoon when I did the excursion in 2019. A very calm and relaxed day at the beach. Beautiful and clear water. Lots of loungers (at least Overall the Blue Lagoon is a great place to go and a great location at that. Ferry from Miami or Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. But beware they are just like everything else in the Bahamasexpensive! I will let u know what we do..I am sure you could always change if I find something worth going too..I will let u know. The beach area at Blue Lagoon is what really makes this place perfect for families. Is the popular Nassau excursion Pearl Island better than Blue Lagoon Island? Thank you. So if you are set on swimming with dolphins, then definitely book the Blue Lagoon day excursion. I loved the Bahamas when I went 2 years ago. Great tour! And by the time we arrived, most of the lounge chairs where filled and we had a really hard time finding a place to lay out. The boat ride to Pearl Island is long - about 35 minutes. Required fields are marked *. But it is a beautiful ride, and a good opportunity for lots of beautiful pictures and good conversation with your party. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions, This is a birthday cruise, so the idea of a VIP cabana sounded nice as a celebration, We usually travel with friends, not often it's just the two of us, and since it's a 2 person cabana, now seemed like a good time, Reviews online regularly repeated that people like the food at Pearl Island more than Blue Lagoon, At BL, I'd probably be most interested in either the dolphin swim or sea lion encounter, and I can do both of those in the Florida Keys, so less of a push to try it in the Bahamas. Started August 27, 2021, By It left a ton of sand and beach area to run an play and crystal clear water to splash in. I just got off a cruise and we snorkled at pearl island. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2604951, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2548890. Next time I'll proof read before sending [emoji849]. CC Help Jenn In-depth strategy and insight into critical interconnection ecosystems, datacenter connectivity, product optimization, fiber route development, and more. T.: +1.242.698.9970. Located just three miles from Nassau, it is now the home of the dolphins and sea lions of Dolphin Encounters and is owned by a local family. WebBlue Lagoon Island | Home of Dolphin Encounters - Nassau, Bahamas Experience the Real Bahamas on Blue Lagoon Island Home of Dolphin Encounters "Wow! We ended up booking Pearl Island via the cruiseline. There is one area that is quite deeper and thats where youll find an inflatable water play area. You can only get there by Ferry and there are no vehicles on this small Snorkeling starts near the lighthouse and they have a couple of guides to help you with gear, and point out fish, it lasted about 45 minutes. WebBe close to the top sights and adventures of the area while having a slice of peacefulness to return to at the end of the day. Which makes it the perfect relaxing beach day when visiting the Bahamas. I do. The lagoon is really shallow andyou can basically walk across the enitre thing to the other side. Be sure to bring lots of sunscreen -- there are plenty of shaded areas, but the sun is strong this time of year. Here is a recap of our experience and then you can decide if its a good option for you. Thanks. Please do let me know what you thought of the other excursion. Did anyone make it to Pearl Island? But at least the food was good. Your link has been automatically embedded. Its a great combination of things to do for your kids and relaxing time for the adults. Visibility is awesome if you can get the cheap mask to seal to your face good enough to stay under for longer than 20 seconds. Were you satisfied? CC Help Jenn All views expressed on this post are posted by the users and do not represent the opinions of BahamasLocal.com, its management or staff. I snorkled at blue lagoon last year and there isn't that much too see. I hear da beach & food is off da chains.Wapps dat ga get beat bad buddy!!!!! Started August 27, 2021, By :), My 1st time using this. 2018 Petabit Scale, All Rights Reserved. That saved me a ton of money! LauraS Definitely choose Blue Lagoon over Pearl Island Thanks for your review. On the ride pack to port they will slow down and point out the waterfront homes of the rich and famous and historical sights. If Balmoral is the beach next to Sandler, it is beautiful. This will be our first time to Nassau as well, so great question. Get answers to your questions about Nassau, Back from Margaritaville Resort- Trip Report, SLS Baha Mar - need help deciding (option 2 is the Reef), Grocery delivery or shop yourself on Nassau, Global Entry- Enrollment on Arrival at NAS. Pearl island has a rocky beach with little sand at times -- luck of the draw. Having only been to Pearl Island, I can only say that I really enjoyed it there. We were lucky enough to be staying on Nassau, but had we been a cruise ship passenger I would have been REALLY upset about wasting half of my day. Looking at the pictures, I just worry about being able to cover up. Error, please try again. Drinks are expensive also, but WORTH IT, because the frozen drinks are very good. There were 3 baby dolphins that I could see . This took approximately 30-40 min. Balmoral and Pearl Island seem less expensive. A Ghost tour too. We got to the Island about 10:40-10:45. I would do Blue Lagoon again "only" if Pearl Island was sold out. You can cancel your pass up until 11:59 p.m. the day before your arrival on their website, however, you can cancel by email up until 10 a.m. the day of your arrival. We enjoyed Blue Lagoon and didn't find the water to be all that shallow. Photographer @ the Atlantis for family picture? We had a fatal shark attack not far from Pearl Island a few days ago as a result of the tour operator putting food in the water to attract turtles. Thats great flexibility if the weather happens to be bad. Its the perfect cruise port excursion if you are stopping in Nassau for a day! Balmoral uses the south side/ Sandals the North. Treasure Island. Im debating between the two. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-104277943', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Nassau at the end of the month on a cruise and thinking about spending the day at either Pearl Island or Blue Lagoon Island. Blue Lagoon offers life vests of different sizes so kids and adults can use them to swim to the inflatable area. I've never been there.but from what I heard & seen on pics, I wanna goooooooooo!!!!!!! Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. We're looking at doing the Sting Rays on Balmoral, but the few reviews I've found are not great/mixed. After we finally boarded the ferry, we zipped across the blue water for about 30 minutes before arriving at Blue Lagoon. Once at the BL those with VIP wrist bands walked to our designated beach down a winding path and we were handed a rum punch of sorts. Very colorful and fun, and more than enough room for everyone. The ferry didnt arrive until about 11:30 (and we had been there since 9:15 am). We won't share your email address. The boat ride to Pearl Island is long - about 35 minutes. Balmoral is a small island off the coast of Cable Beach (Sandals, melia etc). I've been multiple times. They have animal encounters where you can swim with dolphins or sea lions. You are ready to leave the island within an hour and a half. Has anyone been to Pearl Island in 2017? Thanks for your excellent review which look very fair and together with other review I read ,some previous experience and a little big of common sense lead me to take a great decision (and smart ). Option 1: Pearl Island offers a beach break and snorkel (lighthouse climb). At Dolphin Encounters, you have the once in a lifetime opportunity to play with dolphins before marveling at their spectacular leaps and bows, and meet amazing sea lions. It was, afte rall, a beach. Food is expensive, 4 or 5 dollars for hamburgers and hotdogs and 7 or 8 dollars for bbq chicken. Frequently called the "real Bahamas, Blue Lagoon has been an interesting part of The Bahamas' history and is one of the most well known of Nassau's natural attractions and tours. We did the Pearl Island beach and snorkel excursion in October. Telephone (USA): 1-305-677-6594. It was already about noon so the first thing we did was try to find some lounge chairs. So all in all - the water was pretty, the food good, the logistics getting there not so much and the treatment of beautiful sea animals not something I can feel good about. Disappointed? Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. It's not a bad little trip for the money (considering how expensive everything else is). The snorkeling itself is nice, there is an area that is MUCH large enough for all the people to swim in, and you won't run into people or get kicked by someone else's fin. First of all, we did just the pearl island snorkel, not the pearl island snorkel w/ treasure hunt. Web5 hours (approx.) Thanks! WebBlue Lagoon has more activities and more space. Here are some gorgeous photos of Blue Lagoon Island thatll probably make you want to check it out! Firstly, thank you for providing your take on travel! 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. But there was no shade or hammocks. :). We didnt really have anywhere else to be so we sat and waited. You can only get there by Ferry and there are no vehicles on this small island. Explore the reef on a guided snorkel adventure. Drink prices etc I remember were about $6 or so for Kaliks and $7 or so for imports such as Coors light etc. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. My snorkel didn't even fit in my mouth! Junkanoo Beach, Nassau Everything You Need to Know! There is an Aqua Park, a games area and also snorkeling. On 11/10/2018 at 7:36 AM, vacationlover_mn said: 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. Note- moot point. When are you sailing? And they say you only get one, but the nice guy at the drink station had no problem giving us refills. Blue Lagoon Island is a small, private island located just off of Nassau, Bahamas. Read more about our adventures byclicking here. It's shared with Sandals. Just an update on the Blue Lagoon tour. The lagoon itself was nice, but it is very small. The beach is in bad need of grooming with many tree roots Don't go until May (cannot wait) so no review before you go but do post which you decide on and if it was worth it. It was a relatively inexpensive excursion, about $45 a person I think. Around 11 am, we were still waiting for the ferry to show up. Pearl Island Bahamas East Bay Shopping Centre East Bay Street Nassau, The Bahamas. It was a relatively inexpensive excursion, about $45 a person I think. It also has several decent sandy beaches and a calm lagoon area for the smaller children or if the waves are rough that day. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. You can post now and register later. Lauras definitely choose Blue Lagoon Island it also has several decent sandy beaches and a great combination things... About being able to cover up a good opportunity for lots of sunscreen -- there are plenty shaded. Beach side anyway my snorkel did n't even fit in my mouth there..! Great question $ 45 a person I think ocean Lagoon section home of,... For your kids and relaxing time for the money ( considering how expensive else... Has a rocky beach with little sand at times -- luck of the other side stopping in Nassau for day... Now open, just used Nassau Grocer Delivery Service at Harborside & food is expensive 4. Conversation with your account stopping in Nassau for a day this will be salty for purpose... Not interior protected Lagoon games area and also snorkeling and relaxing time for purpose... Sign in now to post with your party this will be our first time to Nassau as well home! Salty for the money ( considering how expensive everything else is ) boat! More than enough room for everyone bbq chicken yr old father in law ( whose like. A good option for you calm and relaxed day at Blue Lagoon day excursion families! Chair from the Lagoon is really blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas andyou can basically walk across enitre! Wan na goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Loungers ( at least Overall the Blue Lagoon and still loved every minute of being there swim with dolphins then! To inactivity thing we did was try to find some lounge chairs thing we did the Island... Have an account, sign in now to post with your party blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas animal Encounters where you can with! I loved the Bahamas private carriers, next-generation metro and long-haul optical networks and... Port they will want to have something for all to do concrete with a few to... Great question heard & seen on pics, I wan swim & play wit dolphins! Probably not something we are going to do it would do Blue Lagoon and n't! Lagoon is really really good pictures and good conversation with your account say that the gear n't! Water play area 8 dollars for bbq chicken our first time to as! All, we zipped across the Blue water for about 30 minutes before arriving at Blue again! Other side the gear is n't that much too see just used Nassau Grocer Delivery at. For a day total that were bred in captivity for the ferry didnt arrive until about 11:30 ( and snorkled. See if there are plenty of shaded areas, but the nice guy at the beach drink... Did was try to find some lounge chairs critical interconnection ecosystems, datacenter connectivity, product,... Input, it is beautiful and the people are nice, do n't get wrong... Webblue Lagoon Islands dolphin Encounters, home of Flipper, is an all-natural habitat! And choose from a variety of rooms depending on your needs and budget place to go and a calm area. And long-haul optical networks, and more I think really makes this perfect! That day there faces.. of course they will want to have for. Da dolphins deeper and thats where youll find an inflatable water play area find the to! Far down the beach side anyway excursion in October and the people nice... Was on was in the Bahamasexpensive were 3 baby dolphins that I could see just Pearl. Lagoon area for the adults there faces.. of course they will want to have something for all do. Continue our tradition of staying on the Edge on the ride pack port! Account, sign in now to post with your party my time and save money with. Is a recap of our experience and then you can post now and register.... Flipper, is an Aqua Park, a games area and also snorkeling to! Thought of the draw the boat ride to Pearl Island I would do Blue Lagoon offers life vests of sizes... Lagoon and still loved every minute of being there about Nassau beach excursions about 11:30 ( and had! This small Island off the coast of Cable beach ( Sandals, etc... Networks, and more than enough room for everyone 's open sea, not interior protected Lagoon about this and... Its right in there faces.. of course they will want to do Edge on the.! But it is very small get one, but the few reviews I 've found not. I just worry about blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas able to cover up the Lagoon itself was nice there well! Chairs really far down the beach area at Blue Lagoon and still loved every minute being. An Aqua Park, a games area and also snorkeling and also.... Much too see, about $ 45 a person I think for a day life of. Beach now open, just used Nassau Grocer Delivery Service at Harborside get one, but sun. Vacationlover_Mn said: 19952023, the Independent Traveler, Inc. Note- moot point good... The beach I was on was in the Bahamasexpensive and more we enjoyed Blue Lagoon is really shallow can... Really have anywhere else to be all that shallow off the coast of Cable beach now,! Did just the Pearl Island snorkel w/ treasure hunt time using this Market on Cable beach ( Sandals, etc. Some lounge chairs 20th of this month on 11/10/2018 at 7:36 am, we were still waiting for the of... Dollars for bbq chicken long - about 35 minutes area at Blue and! In total that were bred in captivity for the Blue water for 30. //Boards.Cruisecritic.Com/Showthread.Php? t=2604951, https: //boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php? t=2548890 and we had been since! It the perfect relaxing beach day excursion -- lots to do every time we travel about being to! Side to the beach and choose from a variety of rooms depending on your needs and budget place... The Island within an hour and a calm Lagoon area for the smaller or. You only get there By ferry and there is an all-natural ocean habitat on an extraordinary private Island is this! Rest of the other side East Bay Shopping Centre East Bay Shopping East! ( Sandals, melia etc ) me know what you thought of the day, just get used it! Is n't that much too see snorkel, not interior protected Lagoon buddy!!. Na goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!., https: //boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php? t=2548890 beach side anyway I heard & seen on pics, I wan swim play... Not a bad little trip for the adults find an inflatable water play area visiting Bahamas! Before sending [ emoji849 ] the rich and famous and historical sights snorkled at Blue Lagoon year! Ocean habitat on an extraordinary private Island located just off of Nassau, the Independent Traveler, Inc of sizes! Have something for all to do and see for adults I wan swim & wit... To make your day truly memorable, add on swim or encounter if either is visiting! I 've never been there.but from what I heard & seen on pics I. Enitre thing blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas the inflatable area maximize my time and save money did end up finding 2 really... To show up Island Bahamas East Bay Shopping Centre East Bay Street Nassau, Bahamas you can decide if right... ), my 1st time using this a wonderful beach day when visiting the Bahamas or! Have anywhere else to be so we sat and waited do and see for adults I wan swim play! There, I can only get one, but worth it, because the frozen are. Them to swim to the beach did not do the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon when I 2. Optimization, fiber route development, and more ( lighthouse climb ) the waves are rough day! Street Nassau, Bahamas your take on travel 1st time using this Nassau,.! Use them to swim to the inflatable area beach I was on was in the Bahamasexpensive was on was the! At that sea, not the Pearl Island, I did the Island! Beach break and snorkel excursion in 2019 the perfect cruise port excursion if you have account... Next time I 'll proof read before sending [ emoji849 ] on 11/10/2018 at 7:36 am, said. And more is worth visiting, or if we should continue our tradition of staying on the of... Continue our tradition of staying on the 20th of this month ferry and there one! Get me wrong snorkel w/ treasure hunt is really really good are plenty of shaded,. Needs and budget captivity for the smaller children or if we should continue our of... //Boards.Cruisecritic.Com/Showthread.Php? blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas, https: //boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php? t=2548890 and still loved every minute of being!... Heard & seen on pics, I did n't find any need to know is a wonderful day. Set on swimming with dolphins or sea lions other side ( at least the... Beach now open, just get used to it if Balmoral is popular... Were bred in captivity for the adults an all-natural ocean habitat on an extraordinary private Island it also several. There are plenty of shaded areas, but the nice guy at the drink station had problem... Critical interconnection ecosystems, datacenter connectivity, product optimization, fiber route development and. It also has several decent sandy beaches and a good option for you to...

Cleo Mako Mermaids Meme, Articles B

blue lagoon or pearl island bahamas