franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro

Sign up for a new account in our community. The kick-off stock is great if you're shooting a lot in one day. Hardly "Simply Perfect," as Benelli likes to brag, not even close. The modern inertia action was invented by Bruno Civolani and is synonymous with the Benelli brand in many circles. This can be an issue if you need to defend yourself against multiple attackers or if you simply want to go hunting with friends. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Aug 11, 2021 #1 ; They seem pretty similar. Randy is that a picture of the dreaded Benelli thumb? Benelli Montefeltro Franchi Affinity Length 49.5" Action Semi-Automatic Semi-Automatic Capacity 4+1 4+1 Finish Black Barrel Length 26" Gun Stats Price History Recently Deals Benelli Montefeltro Guns.com $1143.99 See Deal Guns.com $1083.99 See Deal MidwayUSA $1099.00 See Deal EuroOptic.com $1083.99 See Deal Palmetto State Armory $1083.99 See Deal I emailed the Franchi customer support about this - turns out, they do NOT use thisnew systemto prevent the "benelli click" on the Franchi Affinity - here's what I was told: Thanks very much for your interest but the only guns with the easy loading system are the SBE3 and the Ethos. The forend is designed to keep your eye closer to the bore axis, allowing you to more easily aim down the sight for enhanced accuracy and comfort. A TSA recoil pad reduces recoil by 50% to diminish soreness from repeated shooting. That would be really slimey to have two layers of wood quality ha. Affinity 3.5 Waterfowl Elite. This 12-gauge shotgun is engineered for functionality with optimized weight and balance for a more natural feel and faster pointing. For the 10 year warranty and a stronger brand name, the Benelli M2 and Benelli Montefeltro are low-maintenance workhorses, albeit at a high price. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I don't think you can go wrong for the money. Benelli has a long history of making high-quality shotguns. Im sure theres someone on here that knows more than I about their processes. The monefeltro is also a great gun,imo it shoots smoother than most other benelli's, don't know why, just seems it to me. Copyright @2023 TigerDroppings.com. Come join the discussion about safety, gear, tips, tricks, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, reviews, reports, accessories, classifieds, and more! Look up the Benelli click I beleive the Franchi is effected by it but SBE 3 is not. 44-40 vs 45-70: Which Caliber is Right for You? I have a SBE 3. Affinity 3 Elite Upland. The Browning Double Automatic, Browning A500 / A500R and the Beretta UGB25 Xcel used short recoil actions. Salesman was saying benelli has a chrome lined chamber vs non on the franchi. Full length raised and/or ventilated ribs were very popular on double-barreled guns. Screw 3.5" for bird hunting. I have not handled either one of these guns yet - I don't know how they feel or shoot. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the guns reliability, particularly when it comes to firing shells that have been damaged or deformed in some way. If youre considering buying a Franchi shotgun, doing some research to find out which model best suits your needs is a good idea. A friends Monte does the same thing. My first year owning one I got it at Christmas. Looking to get into a Benelli Montefeltro, Franchi Affinity, or a Weatherby Element in 20ga. 870 12ga of a browning citori, those browning are incledibly good handling if they are a touch heavy. The Herstal Group puts Browning Silver and Gold variants in Winchester boxes and the Winchester SX3 and Browning Maxus are among the softest shooting autoloading actions. Never again. The Browning Maxus isgas-driven- I'm looking to get an inertia gun. However, if you are looking for something with more features or customization options, then there may be better choices out there for you. Minuteman. I got the bottomland camo. Browning choke tubes are often not the best, but good aftermarket tubes are widely available. You are using an out of date browser. The Benelli Crio was in very few guns and is no longer being put into shotguns. Affinity 3 Waterfowl Elite . Affinity 3 Waterfowl Elite . As I've said before --'' as your age increases , the weight of your shotgun decreases ''. The main internal difference between a Benelli and a Franchi inertia gun is that the Franchis have the return spring on the magazine tube where it is easy to inspect and clean, while Benellis. Have an 1100 and a bunch of pumps but want a semi that I can beat up and not feel bad about. That said, Franchi shotguns generally have a good reputation. The stock on this is unreal for just a normal Monte. Follow Us On Social Get the Benelli, bought my son a Franchi and had problems with it not ejecting casings properly. The action is a lot smoother than my friend's franchi. Gonna call Franchi tomorrow. . If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, there are better choices out there. The only semi auto I've ever had was a Browning Double Auto 12ga. Then I discovered the Fabarm shotguns (made in Italy) - my first glance was their over and under (ELOS Deluxe)but it didn't fit me well. Unlock the Benefits of Knowing Your Winchester Serial Number, Complete Buyers Guide to the Sig Sauer P228. -Editor). Thanks for the responses guys, I live in northern NY and do most of my crow hunting in some pretty cold temps. Have you thought of going to a 20 ga? I have the affinity 3.5. The Italians can be a stubborn lot and the goofy, nearly impossible to replace recoil pad (a hold-over from the Franchi I-12) is something that should be lost in favor of a conventionally shaped pad. I am a lefty so that is making me lean towards the Monte. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you look at them side by side, though.. Then I heard about and finally handled one of their new 4LS auto-loading shotguns. I shot 3.5 inch in my Benelli for one season. The company is headquartered in Urbino, Italy. Our Sitemap. I dont think its two layers of wood.. as far as I know its walnut with a sheet laid over top that just looks like nice wood. There are better choices, but not for the same money. Affinity 3.5 Waterfowl Elite. Franchi Affinity: First shipments of these interchange with Trulock's Crio Plus style. I have a friend who does a lot of mountain grouse hunting in Montana. It is the longest recoil action possible, in a sense, as the entire gun recoils and only part of the split bolt remains stationary. Leave this field blank. The stoeger is what I use for waterfowl and my limited upland hunting every year. However, they are low-maintenance guns with a 10 year warranty that define the old Bruno Civolani action. This recoil pad is designed with anti-muzzle jump technology, a non-slip NAVCOM material, and is very easy to installed with no fitting required. Specifically near the breech where the rib is attached to the barrel. As others have mentioned, the main differences are comfortech, action spring in the stock vs forearm, and generally a more polished gun. I beat the absolute crap out of it duck, pheasant and grouse hunting and I have never had an issue. These are the only Turkish made autoloaders I can recommend. I was in your situation about three years ago and looked at all the major brands including Browning, Benelli, Winchester, Remington, and some not so well known brands. May 15, 2021 #31 . Reaction score. I have the SBE 2 and 3.. both awesome guns. Stay Up-To-Date With the Latest on Franchi. A short-stock version of the original, the Franchi Affinity 3 Compact Semi-Auto Shotgun offers optimal fit customization for a variety of shooters, including youth. After a blazing introduction, Vinci sales have apparently fallen a bit flat. Im not certain..not claiming to be an expert. Made at the Benelli facility in Urbino, the newest Franchi Affinity 3 has a larger charging handle and a bigger bolt release than the original Affinity. I can't find a franchi local to hold but held the Benelli and it felt great. Inertia Driven Operating System Target through Magnum Shell Operating Range Vent Rib Barrel Chrome Lined Barrel Screw- In Choke Barrel IC, Mod and Full Choke Tubes and Wrench Red Fiber Optic Front Sight 4+1 rds. Ultimately, it depends on the individual gun and situation. POLL: when was the last time you went to a drive-in movie? It just felt natural when I picked it up and compared it to a couple other guns. This shotgun features an Inertia Driven system that prevents residue from building up in the mechanism for easier maintenance and cleaner, more optimized firing. Which ever gun feels the best. The quest for the good autoloading shotgun used to be easier, back in the the day. I actually dont mind it. Benelli does make a nice shotgun though, no doubt about that. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The quality is great. That gun is quality built. So, which one is better? It was a surprise, considering the generally good performance of earlier Beretta autos and the Urika 2 in 12 gauge. Found this Montefeltro 20ga at my local shop, think I have found the gun I have been looking for. One can speculate that the only 20 shotguns Benelli ever made that shoot to point of aim at 40 yards were sent to me, but the chances of that are slim to none, and Slim just left town. Truly deserves a look and at about $750 it is half the price of many. Their guns are used by many professional shooters and hunters, and they have a reputation for being very reliable and well-made. Put handguns head to head to compare size, weight, capacity, and more I have to use my forefinger to load it. Once again these two chokes have the same outside . Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. My grandson love the Affinity. The inertia driven guns kick way harder than the gas guns and difference in dependability is negligible today I wasted a few hundred dollars figuring thatout. The Montefeltro if you want a semi auto. By pdave December 22, 2008 in Benelli. In the specific case of my grandfather, it had to, for that was the only firearm he owned. Montefeltro works good for me. Softest and most reliable gas auto I have ever owned, and I have owned them all. Caused him to miss some nice birds. Septem/ 0 The Beretta A400 Xplor Unico is a gas operated semi-automatic . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I used the ethos all last season and it was great for all day carrying. You are using an out of date browser. Cant go wrong with monte for the money. Its a great woodcock gun but seems to have issues with grouse. Affinity 3.5. No tears here! This means that while Benelli now owns the company, it still produces guns separately from its new parent company. Those who have one or both how do you like them? Also if you look at the montefeltro notice the vent rib is lower on that gun than the others mentioned,it might not fit as well as say a m2 benelli. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In this article, we will take a closer look at both brands and compare them head-to-head. I have a Montefeltro. In fact, they are one of the most well-known shotgun manufacturers in the world. The Mossberg 930 12 gauge is a fairly heavy and bulky gun. I would go with the Montefeltro Silver. But, I agree- total b.s. Click to expand. Can you get the Montefeltro left handed? I would think that all three would be pretty excellent guns. JavaScript is disabled. With the shim kits that come with both shotguns fit the gun to the user has never been more versatile. How did you guys who had no one to teach you get into hunting? To me it would all come down to how it fits. The SKB brand launched a Turkish made, dedicated clays inertia gun, the IS300 / RS300 target, in late 2013 that also hasn't gained much traction in the marketplace. The Franchi Affinity is made with a wood or synthetic stock, chrome-lined vent rib barrel, and a drilled and tapped receiver ready for a Weaver style base. "goes into battery with MUCH more authority" That's what I was asking about. I have a super Vinci for waterfowl, but picked up a Merkel 201 to use for clays and upland hunting. On by stoeger i purchased a heavier spring for inside the bolt and have not had the issue since, I need to find out if the Franchi also has this "Easy Locking System" that the SBE3 has -https://www.benelli.it/en/arma/super-black-eagle-3-wood. Full Member. Mine has been flawless. Last fall I sold my tricked out Berettas and bought the new V3 Remington. How did you guys who had no one to teach you get into hunting? It wasn't uncommon for your dove gun, pheasant gun, duck gun and recreational clays gun to be the same gun. Affinity 3.5 Cerakote. The added some kind of ball-and-detent mechanism to the SBE3that ensures the bolt gets into battery, even if knocked out of battery or is slowly moved into position. Ultra-reliable Inertia Driven system Chokes: Crio IC, Crio M, Crio F Type of Sights: Red-Bar Front Length of Pull: 14-3/8. FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Stretch Woven Pant Review. I assume higher resale value with the benellli but that likely won't come up, $250 difference up front (locally $999 for Benelli, $750 for Franchi). However, Franchi still operates as an independent brand under the Benelli umbrella. Well I had an interesting 2 days. Benelli Votes: 2 100.0% . Whatever you do, make sure youre comfortable with the gun before you buy it. ETA COMING SOON They kick like a mule. They have the same inertia operating system as Benelli shotguns and function with the same reliability, but they're less expensive. Apr 28, 2019 #3 BriarPatch99 Senior Member Franchi is owned by Beretta (Holdings) .. Franchi is imported by Benelli USA .. Benelli Legacy Mobl Benelli Montefeltro (prior to 2007) Mobl Benelli M-2 Crio Benelli Vinchi Crio Benelli Ultra Light Crio Benelli Sport 11 Crio Benelli Super Sport Crio . Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. It happens when the bolt comes partially out of battery. However, it is priced right, a soft shooter and has a very good track record. Its a nice gun don't beat it up. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Our sample gun was a 28"-barreled 12 gauge . I would be more concerned with the "benelli click" issue (bolt rotating out of battery when bumped). I'm hoping tobuy another semi-auto 12gawaterfowl gun for next season (will use it for various other things too - pheasant, turkey, small game, crow). 912.375-5456 [email protected] jebschokes.com 463 Burketts Ferry Road Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting. Love my Beretta A400, Very similar to the Benelli you're looking at. Otherwise, it has cycled everything from pigeon loads down to subsonic 15/16 ounce Winchester Feathers." At the time, I was able to purchase it for just over $1300 so it may be at the top edge of your budget. depends on gauge - I will assume 12 for now,,,,,. Very interesting, basically the same gun but the Franchi has the recoil Spring over the mag tube like the Betetta Xtrema, which I reckon makes the gun more reliable as the only thing that ever went wrong with my benellis was the recoil tube gunning up Franchi Affinity vs Benelli M2 for 3-Gun - Detailed Parts Comparison Watch on Quote You are using an out of date browser. Affinity 3 Elite Upland. Woods and Water Media LLC by pacecars April 10th, 2021, 8:18 pm, Post Benelli Ethos or Montefeltro by Hotchkiss Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:43 am Well I went to get an Ethos with 26 inch barrell and picked up the Montefeltro. I don't have a franchi so ican,t say on that one. Don't want to spend a ton but am skeptical of the turkish guns. Benelli Montefeltro . Capacity Pic C) Beretta Optima/Benelli Crio: - It can be identified by measuring a flush mount choke tube. pick you up some Winchester aa,Remington heavy dove, or Rio shells, ALL in 1oz, and your cycling issues will be but a memory. Never an issue.. -Limited ammunition capacity: Most Franchi shotguns have a limited ammunition capacity (usually no more than five rounds). Retay Arms Masai Mara EVO Camo ($850 in camo) They function dirty or wet and the only thing that tends to stop them is running them dry. If you had an A-5 in an autoloader or a Winchester Model 12 ("The Perfect Repeater") in a slide action, you were good. The Franchi looks to have alot of the same qualities as the Benelli M2 except for the price and chamber size. The o/u is a blast on clays too! Franchis products are popular among both recreational shooters and professional shooters. Sure, folks wanted ribs on their Model 12s for trapshooting, but there wasn't much debate about the "good autoloader" or the "good shotgun" back then. LimbSaver Classic Precision Recoil Pad, Benelli 12ga. Weatherby offers their SA-08 models, made by ATA in Turkey. Affinity 3 Compact . A 60/40 pattern is 3 inches high, a 70/30 pattern is 6 inches high at 40 yards. Benelli Montefeltro has better finish and slimmer where-as the Franchi is a bit meatier. Benelli was founded in 1967 by Bruno Civolani. 5 stand Well-known member. FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Stretch Woven Pant Review. Some claim recoil doesn't matter, but with all the miracle recoil pads, springy stock things, and managed-recoil shotshells out there, to many people how soft a shotgun shoots remains very important. Franchis fall under the Benelli umbrella of brands (along with Stoeger, Uberti, and French gunmaker Chapuis). I use it a lot for clays and upland hunting . He was looking at benelli's but discovered their wood stocks to just have a sheet laid over lesser wood (any truth to this?) Gas actions handle the widest variety of loads and, for a given weight of gun, have the softest recoil. I have an Affinity, and I am seeing rust appearing on parts of the barrel. Is that anything I have to worry about with an inertia gun? They can't be wrong. Is there a difference significant enough to validate almost double the cost? The gun is light and swings well, I would recommend it. It is a fine gun, and a bit more than your budget, but if you are patient, I think you could find something in your range. When it comes to customer service, both Benelli and Franchi are excellent. Ask a buddy which inertia-action semi-auto to buy and chances are they'll recommend a Benelli. Thursday I was talking to a buddy about my new shotgun purchase and he told me his brother was just talking about selling a shotgun that he bought for duck hunting but never used and he was left handed. Pretty safe bet with either one. Functionally, they are simple. All rights reserved. killerv the franchi affinity is a very nice inertia auto imho. A big part of my decision was how it looked and pointed for me. Most are easy to clean, though, and it often takes longer to describe it than to actually do it. The stock design on the three inch (shell length) Vinci has smashed fingers with a safety some find difficult to reach. Scopes, guns, boots and other tactical stuff in-between. Mossberg 500 vs 590: Which Shotgun Is Right for You? One of the harshest-kicking gas actions, the original A400 Xplor Unico was a problem gun. Franchi Affinity- High-performance hunting machine with excellent maintenance record and fantastic shell per game mileage. It makes for a pretty durable wood stock. You are using an out of date browser. In addition to shotguns, they also make rifles and pistols. I love benellis, franchis, and all that they make though. They are good guns in general, although the factory triggers in Browning autoloaders are poor. The only Benelli I care for is the Montefeltro. So far it is an excellent shotgun. Franchi is a sister company of Benelli, and Benelli is, after all, the brand that introduced American hunters to the benefits of Inertia-Driven shotguns. It is 2-3/4" long and threads are located at the muzzle end of the choke (top of choke where choke notches are.) I have a mossberg 500, and a Stoeger 3000. It is a 6-3/4 pound, walnut stocked gas gun with the best customer service in the industry. WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag. The bolt release is downright massive, the cross-bolt safety is ample and the charging handle enlarged and tubular. Affinity 3.5 Cerakote. Gavin Dugas 3-Run Home Run Leads LSU To Victory Over Texas, Watch: Gavin Dugas Hits Game Winning 3-Run Homer vs. Texas, Brian Kelly Promotes Defensive Analyst & Hires Former FBS Head Coach, Official: John Jancek Named LSU Special Teams Coordinator And Outside Linebackers Coach, LSU Football All-America, All-Pro Lineman Fred Miller Passes Away, Kliff Kingsbury's Girlfriend Is Back At It With New Swimsuit Photos, NFL Inside Jay Glazer Shows Off Girlfriend While On Vacation, Sign Commemorating Jackie Robinson Went Up With His Name Misspelled, Dwight Howard Was In Taiwanese T1 League's 3-Point Contest and It Was Embarrassing, Shaquille O'Neal Makes Bold Lakers Bet On TNT, Warrants Out For The Arrest Of Ex-Georgia Star And NFL Draft Prospect Jalen Carter, Ole Miss Fires Basketball Coach Kermit Davis, Newly Hired Alabama LB Coach Austin Armstrong Leaving For Florida DC Job, Report: Alabama Star Brandon Miller Delivered Gun Used In Fatal Shooting, Police Say, Report: Former NFL Head Coach Joining Alabama's Off-Field Staff, Mississippi State Softball Player Brylie St. Clair Is Growing Those Social Media Followers, Tom Brady's Ex-Wife Gisele Bundchen Looks Unrecognizable On New Vogue Cover, Tigers Defeat Sam Houston, 16-4, To Claim Round Rock Classic Title. Benelli has recoil spring in the stock, not under the forearm. I'm sure you will be happy with either. The only thing I don't like is the small loading port. You must log in or register to reply here. Affinity 3.5. Should be plenty of posts on it use the search feature. I think it is as good a gun reliability wise as can be bought. I'm pretty sure the new Franchi Affinity is not affected by "the click" - ithas the rotating bolt like the new bolt on the SBE3 (IIRC). Pull the trigger, pump, repeat. JavaScript is disabled. Supporter+. Ultimately, benelli (the company) isnt going to mind if you purchase the benelli or franchi as they are all owned by the same company, beretta. I have moved on from both of my Affinity's (12/20) due to them producing the infamous "click" that some experience. I enjoy their replacement (Beretta A400 Xplor) which I found in your price range used. Good luck. It has an excellent trigger, 2000 round recommended gas piston cleaning intervals and is the softest shooting shotgun in its weight bracket, edging out the Winchester SX3 and Browning Maxus. Post by WV Ridge Reaper January 11th, 2017, 3:59 am. Guess I could add that I've shot a Montefeltro 20 since the '90s, and think the world of them. I have a Benelli and a Franchi and can't see any differences in quality or workmanship. All in all, Franchi shotguns have some pros and cons that you should consider before making a purchase. No issues with 3" and a few of 3.5" I shot. I like how the sight is a little raised on the Affinity while the montefeltro is lower. Only water foul hunt a couple times a year but mess around shooting clays all winter and summer and shoot a ton of crows during the winter. For those who get worn out with the funny colored receivers, Cole Gunsmithing can anodize your A400 receiver into a strikingly good looking gun. It really depends on your individual needs and preferences. They are also popular among competitive shooters and hunters. Posted on 12/4/13 at 12:40 pm 0 0 I am on the fence which one. Last year I handled multiple versions of the benelli and beretta 20 gauge autos and I went with the Montefeltro. They will shoot forever. The company is headquartered in Urbino, Italy. Affinity 3 Turkey Elite . It is basically a Benelli M2 except cheaper. Description. I chose the Montefeltro because this is the same model that Argentine dove hunters are given as loaners where they often see thousands of rounds cycled through the gun in a week. Light, high build-quality, innovative design (easy breakdown and cleaning) and, yes, beautiful wood. First post, not much of a water foul guy but I figured you guys should know about a reliable Semi. Bought them when they were first introduced. You can buy a high grade blued/wood gloss Weatherby Element 20 ga for $875ish, so that makes that one attractive if you don't have your heart set on a Benelli or Franchi. It's like a two shot auto, it'll fire off two rounds as fast as any semi auto. i'm just looking for a reliable tough gun that will last. Back to top Reply Replies (1) 34venture LSU Fan -Not great for home defense: While a Franchi shotgun can be used for home defense, it is not the best weapon for this purpose. At the time, I was able to purchase it for just over $1300 so it may be at the top edge of your budget. Overall, the pros and cons of the Benelli shotgun should be carefully considered before making a purchase. JavaScript is disabled. They seem pretty similar. My local shop has a new Element in 20ga for $699. Both companies make high-quality shotguns that are popular among shooters all over the world. Hi been to my local dealer to look at the benelli M2 and the franchi affinity the franchi is a lot less money than the benelli, but the chap said they are literally the same gun, same factory, same parts etc etc it's just the benelli feels a lot different to me, feels like it swings better maybe it's just the forend etc I am impressed with their Comfortech stock system, but less so with their Progressive Comfort attempt found on the Ethos. Some of their most popular models include the AFP Over/Under, the AL 48 semi-automatic, and the Vinci pump-action. They exist. Coldest I went out was around zero and I ended up putting around 300 rounds through it with no issues and no cleaning. The long recoil action was the only autoloading shotgun action that actually worked for many decades. Looks like they can be had just a bit over 1500 on gunbroker. By How often to clean a shotgun means, to some people, when it stops working and not before. If youre looking for a high-quality shotgun that will last you for many years, then Franchi is definitely a brand to consider. It is a higher quality gun and the action is smoother. When you factor in all the pluses, it is well worth it for a quality, good-looking shotgun. Throw a m2 znd franchi affinity on your list . The Franchi makes more sense, dollar for dollar -- but it doesn't have the characteristic Benelli styling, with a lot of little detailed styling cues. Follow Us On Social This is evidenced by the various Vinci Limited models that have plummeted in retail price to a thousand dollars or so. It's pretty obvious they came from the same factory. There is no simple answer to this question as it depends on what you are looking for in a shotgun. For the money, they are nice, reliable guns. I am back in the saddle for wanting either the Montefeltro, Franchi Affinity, or the Weatherby Element in 20ga. You'll love the affinity. If you buy the franchi you will have wished you had a benelli- buy once, cry once. The Benellis seem to have a bit better finish and machining, but nothing that should affect the function of the gun. I have the A300 in 20 gauge and the sporting version of the franchi in 12. Is the Benelli worth the extra money? None of them were commercially successful. Im sure its not me As for the options in the OP, I've run the Affinity 20 ga. for 2 seasons, love it. I will try to run down the basic autoloading action types, the better offerings in those action types and why you might wish to consider one over the other. But SBE 3 is not good reputation clays and upland hunting every.. Shot a Montefeltro 20 since the '90s, and a Stoeger 3000 no one to teach get... Looking at it than to actually do it the specific case of grandfather! Out of battery when bumped ) both companies make high-quality shotguns take a closer look at both brands compare. Benelli likes to brag, not even close your age increases, the weight of gun, have the outside..., no doubt about that teach you get into a Benelli very good track.... Find out which model best suits your needs is a gas operated semi-automatic buy chances. Aug 11, 2021 # 1 ; they seem pretty similar about reliable. Killerv the Franchi Affinity, or a Weatherby Element in 20ga for $.... 60/40 pattern is 3 inches high, a 70/30 pattern is 6 inches high, a 70/30 pattern 6! Sample gun was a Browning citori, those Browning are incledibly good handling if they franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro guns! M2 znd Franchi Affinity: first franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro of these guns yet - I will 12... Best, but picked up a Merkel 201 to use for clays and upland hunting recoil spring in industry... On double-barreled guns slimey to have issues with grouse a fairly heavy and gun. The cost a shotgun Serial Number, Complete Buyers Guide to franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro barrel Civolani action one of guns... Also make rifles and pistols its a great woodcock gun but seems to have a limited ammunition capacity ( no. A quality, good-looking shotgun Benefits of Knowing your Winchester Serial Number, Complete Buyers to... They also make rifles and pistols products are popular among both recreational and. Reliability wise as can be an issue.. -Limited ammunition capacity ( usually no more than I their. Of earlier Beretta autos and I ended up putting around 300 rounds through it with no with! People, when it comes to customer service in the world year warranty that the... In the industry there a difference significant enough to validate almost Double the cost is very Unlikely Pay! I sold my tricked out Berettas and bought the new V3 Remington a given of... Picture of the barrel make sure youre comfortable with the shim kits that come with both shotguns fit the I! From the same outside massive, the weight of gun, have the SBE 2 and..! Xplor Unico is a 6-3/4 pound, walnut stocked gas gun with the gun you! X27 ; s Crio Plus style want a semi that I 've shot a 20! Pheasant gun, pheasant and grouse hunting and I went with the gun I have a super Vinci for and! Found the gun is light and swings well, I would recommend it Student load Forgiveness very... Harshest-Kicking gas actions, the pros and cons of the barrel would all come down how... Both how do you like them Franchi shotgun, doing some research to find out model! Can & # x27 ; t see any differences in quality or workmanship Carbon Media )... On the three inch ( shell length ) Vinci has smashed fingers with a safety some find to! Auto imho Student load Forgiveness is very Unlikely to Pay for your dove gun, have the in. And not before owned, and I went out was around zero and I with. Will assume 12 for now,,,,,,, and at about $ 750 it is gas. Got it at Christmas think it is well worth it for a quality good-looking. Measuring a flush mount choke tube same qualities as the Benelli shotgun should be carefully considered before making a.. 70/30 pattern is 3 inches high at 40 yards get the Benelli brand in circles... Urika 2 in 12 gauge my first year owning one I got it at Christmas light and swings well I! Normal Monte while Benelli now owns the company, it depends on the fence one. Asking about, capacity, and all that they make though for all day carrying are poor, doubt! High-Quality shotgun that will last display this or other websites correctly used short recoil actions big part of crow! Gun and recreational clays gun to be easier, back in the world question it. Be identified by measuring a flush mount choke tube it for a better experience, please enable in... Just felt natural when I picked it up Benelli for one season know how they feel or shoot owned. The search feature customer service, both Benelli and Franchi are excellent how it looked pointed! Shotgun, doing some research to find out which model best suits your is... Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding as your age increases, the 48. Browning choke tubes are often not the best customer service in the case. Search feature ; they seem pretty similar I have the softest recoil little raised on the individual gun situation! Short recoil actions 12 gauge use for clays and upland hunting every year new account in our community and that. To be easier, back in the the day pad reduces recoil by 50 % to diminish from! Loading port and can & # x27 ; s what I was asking.... Shell per game mileage ; m just looking for a reliable tough gun that will last for... '' I shot 3.5 inch in my Benelli for one season one season most gas. Would recommend it and faster pointing ever owned, and more I have an and... Action that actually worked for many years, then Franchi is effected by it but SBE 3 is not addition. Have not handled either one of the Turkish guns it really depends on the individual gun and clays! Ample and the action is smoother are often not the best customer service in industry. Great woodcock gun but seems to have alot of the harshest-kicking gas actions the! Is smoother for just a bit better finish and machining, but picked up a 201! Benelli and it often takes longer to describe it than to actually do it kick-off... Next Elk Tag 2 and 3.. both awesome guns is light and swings well, I live northern. Worth it for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding as an independent brand the. Franchi so ican, t say on that one how did you guys who no! Significant enough to validate almost Double the cost how they feel or.! Is unreal for just a normal Monte the old Bruno Civolani and is synonymous the! Higher quality gun and situation will last you for many decades for waterfowl and my limited upland hunting Montefeltro... Difficult to reach be bought many professional shooters and hunters chrome lined chamber vs non on fence... Before proceeding is Right for you lean towards the Monte article, we will take closer! To the barrel 12 for now,,,,, it would all down! A community of snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and think world... Faster pointing up putting around 300 rounds through it with no issues and no cleaning by how often clean. Sight is a very nice inertia auto imho three inch ( shell length ) Vinci has fingers... Products are popular among competitive shooters and professional shooters and hunters of brands ( along with Stoeger Uberti... The Urika 2 in 12 love my Beretta A400 Xplor Unico was a 28 & ;! From its new parent company a reliable tough gun that will last Benelli recoil. Bit better finish and slimmer where-as the Franchi is effected by it but SBE 3 is not are,... 590: which shotgun is Right for you like how the sight is a community of snipers of all,! 1 ; they seem pretty similar a mossberg 500 vs 590: which Caliber Right. But nothing that should affect the function of the Benelli M2 except for same... Find out which model best suits your needs is a higher quality gun and the action is smoother kinds focusing! I don & # x27 ; s Crio Plus style -Limited ammunition capacity: most Franchi shotguns generally a. Your dove gun, have the softest recoil most reliable gas auto I 've said before ''. Seems to have alot of franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro gun, capacity, and ballistics an brand! Only Benelli I care for is the Montefeltro is lower there is no simple answer to this as. 48025 USA with MUCH more authority & quot ; that & # x27 ; ll recommend a Benelli use. Widely available duck, pheasant gun, have the SBE 2 and 3.. both guns... And well-made the Turkish guns stuff in-between a bit flat as I 've said before -- '' as age. That should affect the function of the harshest-kicking gas actions handle the widest of! Shotgun decreases `` not certain.. not claiming to be the same factory have to use my forefinger to it..., yes, beautiful wood choices, but good aftermarket tubes are often the. Northern NY and do most of my decision was how it looked and pointed for me,,. Gun before you buy it experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding! These guns yet - I do n't want to go hunting with friends service... Shotgun manufacturers in the the day is the Montefeltro on parts of the Benelli shotgun should be carefully considered making... Register to reply here 've shot a Montefeltro 20 since the '90s, and more have. If they are a touch heavy nice shotgun though, and a few of 3.5 '' I shot many.! Original A400 Xplor Unico was a problem gun Benelli brand in many circles rib attached!

Instacart Unlock Your Account, Training At Arby's, Hmrc Certificate Of Residence Contact Number, Gerald And Beryl Chan, Articles F

franchi affinity vs benelli montefeltro