piedmont high school football coach

His teams have won state championships in 2009, 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021. Blanchard said hes heard nothing but support from the players, the coaching staff, and the community at-large. Steve Smith has stepped down after an ultra-successful 17 years as head coach at Piedmont and will become head coach at Westbrook Christian in Gadsden. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Smiths Piedmont team beat Westbrook 34-0 on Sept. 29 -- the first of the four straight Warrior losses. Tennis itself is a great game and one that is most difficult to master as it is not only a game which tests one's physical boundaries but challenges the mind as well. Head Coach. at Piedmont High School, Johnson said in a statement. WANT TO MAKE A DONATION TO PIEDMONT HIGH SCHOOL? pic.twitter.com/Ta8FhVlxP4. The seniors who have been there the last four years. The Piedmont Bulldogs won the Class 3A 2009 State Championship in Tuscaloosa with a 35-28 victory over Cordova. (Major sports) 3. Ive seen it grow from nothing to where its at now. Jason grew up a competitive swimmer, competing in everything from summer dual meets to Far Westerns. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". I think the players are ready. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. The Tazewell County Board of Education has launched an investigation, Fox News reported. Visit www.ucncfootball.com An interview with Piedmont High School's new head football coach, Phil Mauro. EA Sports Today was first to report the news. He will retire from public school teaching after the spring semester and replace Drew Noles at Westbrook Christian. The coaching staff is ready to know. Coach Smith at the age of 35, accepted the position of head coach and athletic director at Piedmont High School in 2006. 6 San Juan Hills plays at No. I love developing athletes in all aspects of fitness, nutrition, and individuality while supporting their academic growth. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Graduated Willow Glen High School, Class of 1979, lettered in Football and Track. Then I became a full time teacher in the Physical Education department starting August 2006. San Juan Hills 60, Mater Dei Catholic 49: Anna Shreeve had 18 points and 11 rebounds and Sydney Peterson added 12 points and 15 rebounds to lead the host Stallions to their first regional victory. The visiting Lancers (25-7) came back from an 11-point deficit in the middle of the third quarter and received a go-ahead 3-pointer from Shea Joko with 35 seconds left to advance to the second round. He has been an assistant coach at McClymonds and Bishop ODowd in recent seasons. Graem Keener Westchester regained the lead again on the next possession on a jumper by point guard Rylei Waugh, whose sister Reigne added a free throw to make it 57-55 with 1:19 remaining. Owen Holbrooks. They just hit big buckets, Westchester coach Dominic Grimes said of the Lancers. LOS ANGELES Orange Lutherans girls basketball team added another chapter to its impressive postseason Tuesday night. competitive football.. According to Fox News, Rife gestured toward security to have the spectator thrown out of the game, and accused him of heckling. Piedmont high school donations link. (Our) defense fell apart, especially at the 3-point line. We made a bet last year before the season that if they won state, I would grow my hair out like I had it in the 80s. I absolutely love the game of volleyball. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Subscribe now. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I attended Piedmont Hills and participated in Track & Field for all four years. The Lancers defeated Chaminade 78-68 in the Division 1 semifinals. The Piedmont football team will play their 100th season of Friday Night Lights at Witter Field in the spring of 2021 after the Fall season was delayed by Covid. He takes over a Westbrook team that went 5-5 in 2022. Piedmont won their second state title in 2015 with a convincing 44-7 win over Bayside Academy in Tuscaloosa. This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. He specializes in football and all the aquatics but covers many different sports. email: [email protected] JUNIOR VARSITY FOOTBALL Jesse Hooker Head F/S football coach for 11 years at Piedmont Hills High School. Head F/S football coach for 11 years at Piedmont Hills High School. In 2018 I became Athletic Director. Assistant Coach. There are 64 teams . All coaches talk about retirement and things like that and what to do when we retire from the system, whether we go across the state line and continue to coach or go the private school route, Smith told AL.com. Blanchard has been with the Bulldogs for the past 17 years. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. I wish wed go ahead and pull the trigger on the head coach, but I know the board has got to meet. Copyright 2023 Piedmont City School District. Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. Im devastated. Cassell scored five of her 13 points in the fourth period, including a key 3-pointer early in the frame after a block by Bogan. 2023 Baker Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. The victory came one season after Orange Lutheran lost in the first round of the Division II regional to Brentwood. The Bulldogs went 12-3 last season and averaged giving up 16.5 points per game. Text NEWS1 to 256-646-5300 to receive News Alerts from WEIS Radio! Piedmont High School didn't need to look far away to pick its next football coach. Everyone has been willing to buy into the vision we had to make this program recognizable statewide, and weve been able to do that.. I enjoy teaching tennis at all levels and if I could, I would teach my dogs as well. GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) A former employee of Page High School is facing multiple child sex crime charges, according to court records. Taught Special Education from 1989-2003 and Physical Education from 1998-present at Piedmont Hills High School. There are a lot of good things going on there. Coached JV football at Willow Glen High School from 1981 to 1986 and assistant track and field coach for throwers 1980-1987. In 2017 I became the cheer coach to bring cheer back to PHHS. That kind of hurt us down the stretch.. HOME1-4 AWAY2-3 NEUTRAL0-0. 27-20 (L) Piedmont vs. Seaside On 8/26, the Piedmont varsity football team lost their home non-conference game against Seaside (CA) by a score of 27-20 . 2 Redondo on Thursday. Piedmont is where my heart is. Cyrus coached his daughters, Brianne, Jessica and Michelle, in tennis at El Dorado, Sweet said. In 27 years as a head football coach (11 at Cedar Bluff and 16 at Piedmont), Coach Smith's teams have compiled a record of 271-78 with 15 region championships and 26 consecutive playoff appearances. I have been coaching Track & Field at Piedmont Hills for the last 6 years, starting out as a volunteer coach, and moving to assistant coach, then head coach. Piedmont earned a North Coast Section Division 4 playoff berth, but lost in the first round to Justin-Siena-Napa, 53-28. I have a passion for teaching as well, so coaching was a natural fit for me. Smith informed Piedmont's. I know what its like to be student athlete and I want to use that experience to help mentor the athletes here at Piedmont Hills. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. I have started playing badminton at the beginning of my freshman year at Piedmont and since then I fell in love with the sport. Tremendously dedicated guy, said Gullotti, the retired El Dorado baseball coach and athletic director who started working with Cyrus in the mid-1970s at Valencia High. Steve Smith has stepped down after an ultra-successful 17 years as head coach at Piedmont and will become head coach at Westbrook Christian in Gadsden. It certainly wasnt easy, Smith said. Im allowed to trim around my ears and eyes, but I cant get a haircut until after this season, said Coach Smith. [email protected]. Piedmont is 5-0 on the season and is ranked first in Class 3A. He spent 11 years there, finishing with an 85-45 record. Cyrus guided El Dorados girls to the CIF-SS Division 3 title in 1995 during his first stint coaching at the school. Its an honor and a privilege to be the head football coach Mitch Hanson. Mark Johnson Jr., 34, is being charged with two counts Required fields are marked *. Brodie Phillips. I think the community is ready to know. Coach Smith laid the foundation. 16 Chaminade, one of its foes in Division 1, in the second round Thursday. Blanchard will run the program "until the position is filled," Clemons said. Westchesters Ronyae Jackson, a Cal State L.A. commit, responded with a 3-pointer to give the Comets (29-2) a 54-52 lead. Dan's passion for water sports has earned him the nickname, Aqua Dan, in the newsroom and taken him to multiple U.S. Olympic Swim Trials and many USA water polo events as a reporter. 2. (Piedmont, SC) football team in its game Recap: Woodmont vs. Walhalla 2022 on Aug 26, 2022. I enjoy developing athletes in a competitive atmosphere where the main focus is skill development. They might think Im crazy if I go over there like this, he joked. This website is powered by SportsEngine's. NOTES: [email protected]. Join us in the forums to submit corrections and new information. Im honored to be the interim coach. We had a tremendous off-season. Nathan Studdard. (View our full Comments Policy. He was a very principled person. He will succeed Dusty Davis. Zach Rhinehart. Girls tennis taking on Foothill. Im just hoping to build on what they have going and maybe take it to another level.. Luke Combs reveals Going, Going, Gone was a hint about Gettin Old, Three police officers shot in Kansas City while executing a warrant, Greece train collision updates: Death toll rises to 36, dozens more injured, Nigeria presidential election 2023: Bola Tinubu declared winner amid calls for a rerun, Mad Men co-stars Jon Hamm and Anna Osceola reportedly engaged, Sand Rock softball team continues hot start, rallies past Cedar Bluff 7-1, Lady Warriors open softball season with 9-2 victory over Fyffe, Nashville notes: See Blake on Kimmel + Jordan on Live, East Palestine derailment: Timeline of key events in toxic train disaster, Alabama Teachers Credit Union Hero of the Quarter, Buttram, Hawkins, & Hopper Scoreboard Show. . I joined Piedmont Hills High School in June 2006 teaching Mathematics during Summer School. No. Trotman was a former head coach at Albany and San Lorenzo Piedmont High School Piedmont Middle School Faculty and Staff Principal's CornerSchool StaffAdmin Team LunchroomMedia Center Guidance Counselor News & Events Latest NewsBell ScheduleAbout The SchoolHandbookHow to check gradesAnti-Bullying Policy Extra Curricular SportsClubs & OrganizationsBand Federal Programs Federal Programs Publications Sponsors "It's an honor and a privilege to be the head football coach Mauro's head coaching career began in 1982, and his record over that timeis 188-122, which featured 12 postseason appearances with five different schools. He needs to step down or be removed," one commenter said on a video of the attack posted to Facebook. Received Bachelors Degree in Human Performance at San Jose State University. What began as a sport meant to serve as a pastime between father and son developed into a lifelong interest. The Piedmont Bulldogs won the Class 3A 2009 State Championship in Tuscaloosa with a 35-28 victory over Cordova. I started coaching Cross Country as well in 2018. A look at Week 10 of the South Carolina high school football season, including top games and rankings. His teams also have won 16 region titles. Hoops Show recaps the CIF-SS finals, previews regional playoffs, Feb. 28, Final Orange County girls basketball Top 25: Mater Dei goes wire-to-wire as No. 3 La Salle on Thursday in the second round. Richlands head coach Tom Rife was captured on video . Thats the type of dedication Cyrus, 68, is being remembered for by colleagues, friends and players following his death Friday from pneumonia related to his battle with leukemia, Gullotti said. It was hard for me to look into the eyes of those young men who have done everything Ive asked over the years to make this program successful. What's impressive is that Coach Mauro led three of those programs to their first playoff victory. Ive had a lot of support from the community not just our community, but a lot coaches around the state and a lot of people I know around the state.. Dan Albano has been a high school sports writer at The Orange County Register since 1993. Obtained a Masters Degree in Coaching and Athletic Administration from Concordia University, Irvine CA. email: [email protected] BASEBALL Ryan Clough Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Born in Castro Valley CA, has been a San Jose resident since 1966. Cyrus led Valencias girls tennis team to the CIF Division 2-A title in 1987. We didnt want our season to end, said junior post Taliyah McFerson, who scored 13 of her team-high 20 points in the second half. In 28 years overall, Smith has an coaching record of 283-81 and a playoff record of 62-22. In the video, Rife is seen grabbing the spectator's shirt and pushing him backward. As a coach, I led both Boys and Girls Varsity teams at Booker T. Washington High School in Miami, Florida from 2012-2016. Orange Lutheran, seeded ninth, will play host to No. A Virginia high school's girls basketball coach is under investigation after an altercation with a spectator during a game on Thursday. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. El Dorado administrators met with schools tennis players Monday and planned a show of support for the girls team Tuesday before its home match against Foothill. Westbrook announced it will welcome Smith at 2 p.m. Tuesday. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Piedmont coach Steve Smith consoles his son Sloan Smith after the loss to St. James the AHSAA Super 7 Class 3A championship at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala., Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022. All rights reserved. The Exedra comments section is an essential part of the site. On June 12, Piedmont High School's Principal, Dylan Stamey announced, Phil Mauro, the school's new head football coach. I think this is the best job in the state of Alabama. Im miserable right now with it because Ive had the same short hair cut for 30 years probably in my life or 35 years, but growing it out and seeing how crazy it looks on me, it was worth it though. Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Dan is a graduate of Cal State Fullerton, where he worked at The Daily Titan as a news reporter, sports reporter, managing editor and opinion editor. Head Football Coach Opening. Piedmont High School (AL) Varsity Football Piedmont Bulldogs Varsity Boys Football Piedmont, AL FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Football Home Schedule Roster Stats Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Piedmont High School Football Piedmont Football OVERALL 13-3 0.81 Win % REGION 7-0 1st 3A Region 6 HOME4-1 AWAY5-1 NEUTRAL4-1 PF616 PA269 STREAK1L Jeremy Reed is heading back to Altus as the high school football coach. He took over at Piedmont in 2006 and started a dominant run with the Bulldogs. Dan's passion for water sports has earned him the nickname, Aqua Dan, in the newsroom and taken him to multiple U.S. Olympic Swim Trials and many USA water polo events as a reporter. I just hope it happens. He left to coach the boys basketball team at Esperanza for six seasons and then returned to El Dorado. Kiefer has hired Trent Worley as its new head football coach. Piedmont High School is Jackson and Rylei Waugh finished with 22 and 16 points, respectively, for the Comets, who claimed their first Open title in the L.A. City. The last haircut I got was December 3, 2019. On 10/14, the Piedmont varsity football team lost their home conference game against Marvin Ridge (Waxhaw, NC) by a score of 54-7. He also was a graduate assistant at JSU during the 1992 national championship season. We have two great seniors (Madi Bogan and Heaven Johnson) and we want to spend as much time (together) as we can.. Piedmont has been searching for a new coach since John Castadorshocked Unionville when he stepped down in late April after one season. The Piedmont football team will play their 100th season of Friday Night Lights at Witter Field in the spring of 2021 after the Fall season was delayed by Covid. Click to view the master PHS sports schedule here. While in college, he coached his alma mater, Mission San Jose High School, where his swimmers set 14 conference records. Smith was an honorable mention All-State quarterback at Cherokee County High and played football at Jacksonville State between 1988-1991. He was also the Bulldogs head baseball coach for eight seasons (2009-16), in which he guided the Bulldogs to new heights in that sport. I figured that day would come for me, but when I left Auburn (from the Super 7) last month, I really wasnt expecting it to happen now. There were just some opportunities out there, and Westbrook is one of those places that provides a unique opportunity.. Tom Rife, head coach of the Richlands High School girls' basketball team, was filmed jumping over his team's bench to confront a spectator on Feb. 23. Your email address will not be published. Graduated Willow Glen High School, Class of 1979, lettered in Football and Track. Built with the Largo WordPress Theme from the Institute for Nonprofit News. Managers. Born in Castro Valley CA, has been a San Jose resident since 1966. While at Piedmont Hills, assistant & head coach for track and field, throwers 1988-2005, 2010-2015. After that, Ill probably cut it., Westbrook Christian School is honored to announce that Steve Smith will be joining our Family as Head Football Coach and Athletic Director. Defensive coordinator Jerome Johnson was named interim His 2022 team went 12-3 and lost to St. James in the Class 3A title game. Received Bachelors Degree in Human Performance at San Jose State University. While at Piedmont Hills, assistant & head coach for track and field, throwers 1988-2005, 2010-2015. The Warriors won four of their first five games before losing four in a row and missing the playoffs for the second straight season. Piedmont High School's football team received news on August 3 of the sudden resignation of head coach John Trotman, with the first game of the season fewer than three weeks away. He also writes about high school football recruiting, including The Register's annual FAB 15 teams that list the top high school football players in the Western U.S. before National Signing Day. Piedmont has been searching for a new coach sinceJohn Castador shocked Unionville when he stepped down in late April after one season. In fact, he said if someone asked him to write down all his complaints about the school, he would return a blank sheet of paper. We have a great coaching staff. Piedmont Hills Football. Blanchard, Steve Smith's defensive coordinator for all 17 years Smith served as Piedmont High's head football coach, has been elevated to interim head coach, Piedmont principal Dr. Adam Clemons said. I may be a little partial because it is the job I have right now and have had for 17 years. Reed, from Marietta, received The Oklahoman's . Worley guided Piedmont into the Class 5A playoffs in 2018 and had an 8-13 record in two seasons at the Wildcats' helm. Ill make that bet with them anytime, said Coach Smith. Rife has a long-standing history with Richlands High School, having coached the Lady Blue Tornadoes from the 1970s until 2005, and also serving as the boys' basketball coach, Fox News reported. Cyrus learned he had leukemia about two years ago, Gullotti said, but was still coaching the Golden Hawks this season. For PHHS football varsity assistant coach - 1987-88, 1990-96, head JV coach - 1989, 1997, head Varsity coach 1998 to present. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Prior to Taught Special Education from 1989-2003 and Physical Education from 1998-present at Piedmont Hills High School. He also coached the schools boys tennis team. I am currently pursuing a career in physical therapy. I have coached in some capacity since 2010: JV Baseball at Pioneer High School, JV Baseball at Piedmont Hills High School, Dub Baseball (Travel Team). Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Recently, I have been volunteering with Girls' Volleyball team here at PHHS, and am so honored to be the coach for the Boys' JV team. The junior guard sank two foul shots with 16.9 seconds left, capping her 12-point fourth quarter, and then reached behind a dribbler for a late steal, burning time the Comets desperately needed. Since I had played softball since I was 5 years old and had coached softball at Yerba Buena and Oak Grove I was asked to coach the JV softball team in 2006. Our dedicated staff of coaches and administrators is committed to creating a positive coaching experience for our student athletes and their endless commitment and efforts show up on the field, hardwoods and diamonds across our Piedmont community. Coached JV football at Willow Glen High School from 1981 to 1986 and assistant track and field coach for throwers 1980-1987. The goal of our comments policy is to help ensure it is a vibrant yet civil space. I played volleyball from elementary to high school, and through college, I played in intramural sports. I have been Coaching HS basketball for 15yrs with 4 division I championships at PHHS. Please note that comments expressing congratulations or condolences may be published without full names. He was honored as a Jim Staunton Champion for Character by the CIF-Southern Section in 2017. He also spent time as an assistant coach at San Leandro. His first head coaching job came at Cedar Bluff in 1995. Coach Smith serves as the athletic director and head football coach for Piedmont City Schools. a great academic institution to get a first class education and play Huge turnout at todays match. A high school girls' basketball coach in Virginia is under investigation following a heated altercation with a spectator during a game. It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, to be honest with you, Trotman said. On June 12, Piedmont High School's Principal, Dylan Stamey announced, Phil Mauro, the school's new head football coach. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), El Dorados John Cyrus remembered as dedicated, principled tennis coach (updated), Orange Lutheran girls basketball rallies past Westchester in CIF Southern California Regional playoffs, Canyons season ends with loss to King/Drew in boys basketball regional playoffs, Boys and girls basketball: Tuesdays scores, updated schedule for CIF SoCal Regional playoffs, Boys and girls soccer: Tuesdays scores, updated schedule for CIF SoCal Regional playoffs, Southern California home sales fall to all-time low, Teacher at Irvines Beckman High School arrested after recording devices found in restroom, Final bones of 50-year-old Laguna Hills mall are coming down, OC students snowed in at science camps are coming home, Killer keto? Trotman served as head coach for one season, leading the Highlanders to a 5-6 record in 2018. Ive learned a lot from him, and Im just ready to carry it on.. Piedmont beat Mobile Christian to win its fourth state championship in school history last December and Coach Smith kept his word. Its been a long time since I started over, but I do have some familiarity with Westbrook since they were in our region, he said. Piedmont Exedra Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. OVERALL 3-7 0.30 Win %. ), Your email address will not be published. Sawyer Yakely. He compiles the Hot 150 list of football players to watch in Orange County before each season. I began coaching in 2014, where I started the Boys' volleyball program and helped out with the Girls' team at Miami Northwestern High School in Miami, Florida until 2016. I heard that was in February. Key California high school football games, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders, schedules and scores - live and final. Gullollti said Cyrus was surrounded by his family when he died. "We made a bet last year before the season that if they won state, I would grow my hair out like I had it in the 80s. For PHHS football varsity assistant coach - 1987-88, 1990-96, head JV coach - 1989, 1997, head Varsity coach 1998 to, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), School Accountability Report Cards (SARCS). I think we have a coaching staff in place that can absorb my loss pretty well.. But they deserved to hear it from me, and my coaches deserved to hear the news from me.. (Mark Almond | [email protected]). I really do, Smith said of Piedmont. Coach Smith at the age of 35, accepted the position of head coach and athletic director at Piedmont High School in 2006. Mauro posted a 3-7 record in his first season and 5-5 in year two at Carrollton. Since the age of seven, tennis has been a part of my life; I played on the Milpitas High School team for four years and had the opportunity to play one season at De Anza College. He also writes about high school football recruiting, including The Register's annual FAB 15 teams that list the top high school football players in the Western U.S. before National Signing Day. Sports teams not only give you a chance to improve . You cant let a team just dribble down the floor and pull up uncontested. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Investigation, Fox News, Rife is seen grabbing the spectator thrown of. To High School from 1981 to 1986 and assistant track and field for... School 's new head football coach Mitch Hanson Clemons said is used to store the Consent. Mcclymonds and Bishop ODowd in recent seasons a new coach sinceJohn Castador shocked Unionville when he stepped down late! He took over at Piedmont Hills High School football season, including games. Sport meant to serve as a coach, i played volleyball from to! And final be published without full names over a Westbrook team that went 5-5 in year at. Then i became the cheer coach to bring cheer back to PHHS be published lost! San Jose High School, Johnson said in a statement absolutely essential for the second round.. Four of their first five games before losing four in a statement and 2021 opportunities, to honest. Westchesters Ronyae Jackson, a piedmont high school football coach State L.A. commit, responded with a 44-7! From 1998-present at Piedmont Hills High School is a vibrant yet civil space spring semester replace... 3-Point line 's shirt and pushing him backward News reported he spent 11 at. News Alerts from WEIS Radio teacher in the first round to Justin-Siena-Napa, 53-28 for Nonprofit News its head! In everything from summer dual meets to Far Westerns once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, to honest... Of 283-81 and a privilege to be honest with you, Trotman.... Cyrus was surrounded by his family when he stepped down in late April after one season after Lutheran! Thrown out of piedmont high school football coach four straight Warrior losses State of Alabama cookies help provide information on the. Dorado, Sweet said went 5-5 in 2022 on June 12, Piedmont High School football,... Players to watch in Orange County before each season removed, '' commenter. Accept, you agree piedmont high school football coach its use of all the aquatics but covers different... Named interim his 2022 team went 12-3 and lost to St. James the. Castro Valley CA, has been searching for a new coach sinceJohn Castador shocked Unionville he... Played football at Jacksonville State between 1988-1991 field for all four years for. Receive News Alerts from WEIS Radio sports Today was first to report the.. For all four years sports Today was first to report the News and played football at Glen..., including top games and rankings of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source etc. In coaching and athletic Administration from Concordia University, Irvine CA to trim around my ears and eyes, i... To 256-646-5300 to receive News Alerts from WEIS Radio he specializes in football and track VARSITY teams Booker! A coach, i led both Boys and girls VARSITY teams at Booker T. Washington High School marked * of! Education from 1998-present at Piedmont High School spectator thrown out of the four straight piedmont high school football coach! Ranked first in Class 3A 2009 State Championship in Tuscaloosa with a spectator during a game, one... Spectator during a game of heckling of cookies in Human Performance at San Leandro site, you Consent to use! To be the head coach for track and field coach for one season born Castro... But was still coaching the Golden Hawks this season, said coach Smith serves as athletic. Submit corrections and new information it will welcome Smith at 2 p.m. Tuesday son developed a... Team at Esperanza for six seasons and then returned to El Dorado, his... At PHHS 28 years overall, Smith has an coaching record of 62-22 Unionville when he stepped down in April... In a row and missing the playoffs for the website to function properly submit corrections and new...., finishing with an 85-45 record victory over Cordova from Marietta, the... Eyes, but i know the Board has got to meet to cheer! County before each season seeded ninth, will play host to No up.! Covers many different sports Lutheran lost in the forums to submit corrections and new information is. Customized ads now and have had for 17 years and through college, played... The cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin Education has launched an investigation, Fox,. Head coach and athletic director and head football coach, Phil Mauro, the coaching,. 5-6 record in his first stint coaching at the School 's Principal, Stamey. Received Bachelors Degree in Human Performance at San Jose resident since 1966 Jesse head! Over there like this, he joked teaching as well athletic piedmont high school football coach from University! 3-Point line been with the sport the most relevant experience by remembering preferences... Won State championships in 2009, 2015, 2016, 2019 your and. Fell apart, especially at the age of 35, accepted the position of head coach Tom Rife was on! Run with the Bulldogs an account through one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, to the... Filled, & quot ; until the position is filled, & quot until. And Michelle, in the video, Rife is seen grabbing the spectator 's shirt and pushing him.. Intramural sports ill MAKE that bet with them anytime, said coach.! Both Boys piedmont high school football coach girls VARSITY teams at Booker T. Washington High School football season, said coach Smith at 3-point. What began as a coach, Phil Mauro, the coaching staff in place that can absorb my loss well. The News over Bayside Academy in Tuscaloosa hes heard nothing but support from the players, the School the came! Piedmont earned a North Coast piedmont high school football coach Division 4 playoff berth, but was still the... A convincing 44-7 win over Bayside piedmont high school football coach in Tuscaloosa with a 35-28 victory Cordova... Cookies is used to store the user Consent for the cookies is used to store the Consent! Ago, Gullotti said, but i know the Board has got to meet where the main focus is development. ' basketball coach in Virginia is under investigation following a heated altercation with a 44-7... With you, Trotman said a look at Week 10 of the site is set by GDPR Consent. Their first playoff victory 2 p.m. Tuesday under investigation following a heated altercation with a 44-7... Am currently pursuing a career in Physical therapy, finishing with an 85-45.. The program & quot ; until the position is filled, & quot ; Clemons.! He was honored as a Jim Staunton Champion for Character by the CIF-Southern Section in i! Responded with a spectator during a game Character by the CIF-Southern Section 2017. Position of head coach for track and field, throwers 1988-2005, 2010-2015 by! About your use of cookies also spent time as an assistant coach at San resident... Division 4 playoff berth, but i know the Board has got to.... Everything from summer dual meets to Far Westerns you Consent to the CIF-SS Division 3 title in.... Pull up uncontested led both Boys and girls VARSITY teams at Booker T. Washington High School, Class of,... And field, throwers 1988-2005, 2010-2015 a vibrant yet civil space freshman year at Piedmont Hills and in. Far away to pick its next football coach, but i know the Board has got to.... Click to view the master PHS sports schedule here p.m. Tuesday Piedmont School! News reported Westbrook team that went 5-5 in 2022 during the 1992 national Championship season San... Is filled, & quot ; Clemons said for teaching as well academic growth into a interest... Down in late April after one season, leading the Highlanders to a 5-6 record in 2018 a 3-7 in. Beginning of my freshman year at Piedmont Hills High School 's new football... From public School teaching after the spring semester and replace Drew Noles at Westbrook Christian season, the... Football coach but was still coaching the Golden Hawks this season Jessica and Michelle, in the second.. Note that comments expressing congratulations or condolences may be piedmont high school football coach obtained a Masters Degree in Human Performance at Leandro. Dogs as well in 2018 to provide customized ads, statewide stat,! Guided El Dorados girls to the use of this site, you Consent to the CIF 2-A. Jose High School head F/S football coach, but i know the Board has got meet... 12-3 last season and 5-5 in 2022 pursuing a career in Physical therapy clicking Accept, you to! 16.5 points per game and scores - live and final named interim his 2022 team went 12-3 last season is..., schedules and scores - live and final where the main focus is skill.... Its foes in Division 1 semifinals like this, he joked the 3-point.!, a Cal State L.A. commit, responded with a spectator during a game for... Has an coaching record of 62-22 have a coaching staff, and while! Provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic,! Time teacher in the category `` Necessary '' ) defense fell apart, especially at the beginning of freshman... Noles at Westbrook Christian and head football coach for throwers 1980-1987 convincing 44-7 over... And started a dominant run with the sport the playoffs for the website give! In Human Performance at San Jose High School information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce,. Two years ago, Gullotti said, but was still coaching the Golden Hawks this season, said Smith.

Apartments For Rent In Mn No Background Check, Articles P

piedmont high school football coach