fatal crash on i 10 arizona today

Another semi also ignited.". "This is a nearly $1 billion project," Koester Thomas said. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. Governor Doug Ducey vetoed the tax extension from being placed on this past midterm ballot for voters to decide. Chat Report Accident Traffic. The driver of the truck was killed, the department said, but few other details were released. The crash happened near Exit 270 (US 15/501) shortly after 4:30 p. The Tennessee Highway Patrol has identified the driver killed in a fatal crash Thursday on Interstate 40 in Putnam County. A woman, a 13-year-old girl, a 5-year-old boy and a baby were flown to a Valley hospital. Shortly after that, around 3:30 a.m., another semi-truck crashed and burst into flames in eastbound lanes near Chandler Boulevard. No injuries were reported. The driver, identified as a 74-year-old man and great-grandfather of the children, died at the scene along with a 3-year-old girl, and a 9-month-old boy (twin). Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. PEORIA, AZ (October 10, 2022) - Late Tuesday night, a wrong-way driver died following a fatal crash on Loop 101. "There was an enormous amount of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit of debris," Graves said. All eastbound lanes were closed in the area until 7:30 p.m. WorldPoliticsTexas True CrimeThis Week TexasOur AmericaTown HallsStation Info Contact UsABC13 News TeamCareersEnter Win About ABC13 HoustonSubmit News TipABC13 Shopshows ABC13 Live NewscastsTV ListingsFollow Welcome, Your AccountLog Out truck crash2 injured after pickup truck launches onto. The crash marked the third wreck involving a semi in less than six hours on I-10. . Troopers say it started when a semi-truck rear-ended a car near 59th Avenue, causing the vehicle to crash into another semi-truck that was in one of the right lanes. I-10 Arizona in the News (90) I-10 Arizona DOT Reports (36) I-10 Arizona . type a number or name to filter. KTAR News 92.3 FMs Luke Forstner contributed to this report. Support local journalism. Crash Report - I-10 WB and 51st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ Report ID: 1/19/2023 NCIC#: Unknown OFFICER ID#: Unknown Traffic Unit 1: Passenger Vehicle Traffic Unit 2: Passenger Vehicle Occupants: Unknown Injuries/Fatalities: Unknown Vehicle Damage (If Any): Unknown Property Damage (other than vehicles): Unknown Road Surface Condition: Dry Manner of Crash In all, there were six vehicles involved." ELOY, Ariz. - Authorities say two people are dead following a three-vehicle crash along Interstate 10 south of Phoenix. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says nitric acid is a highly corrosive, colorless liquid with yellow or red fumes and can cause an acrid smell. The two cars that were crushed between the semi-trucks burst into flames, killing five. Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the single-vehicle rollover crash occurred around 4 a.m. near milepost 186, near State Route 387. No accidents found in I-10 AZ, but you may find more info for each exit below. The Arizona Department of Transportation announced just before 5 p.m. that eastbound I-10 in Chandler reopened, but the right lanes would remain closed due to an earlier crash. The car "burst into flames," Graves said, and trapped the woman. Associated Press in Tucson, Arizona. Speed was a factor in all of them, especially with this five-person fatal crash [and] inattention to driving.. Click Manage settings for more information and to manage your choices. CHANDLER, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- Five people are dead after a chain-reaction crash involving two semi-trucks and four cars led to a large fire on Interstate 10 in Chandler early Thursday morning, DPS said, and the freeway was partly closed for about 11 hours. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. Subscribe to azcentral.com today. BREAKING: Body found near Interstate 10 in Buckeye, DPS: Distracted semi-truck driver caused fiery crash that killed 5 on I-10 in Chandler. I-10 has been closed in both directions between Kolb and Rita roads since a truck tractor pulling a box trailer crashed around 3 p.m. Tuesday and leaked nitric acid. Impairment is not suspected as a factor in the crash. Gates says they'll be watching out for impaired drivers over the holidays and the public should do the same. DPS says the driver of the at-fault truck suffered minor injuries and troopers are investigating distraction as a possible cause of the crash. Drivers were advised to expect delays and look for alternate routes to avoid these closures and restrictions. FEB 24 WILSON BOMBSHELL And now we know more about why so many people dislike Russell Wilson. At least five people were killed, trapped. The westbound lanes of Interstate 10 between Valencia Road and Alvernon Way have reopened after a crash early Tuesday morning caused closures, officials say. In keeping with social media reviews, Marvon Mccray was the person who was concerned in an accident in Yuma, Arizona. This is a developing story. All three of these crashes were preventable, Graves said. Read More Semi-truck company involved in wreck that killed 5 has history of crashes in Arizona Arizona I-10 source: Bing 4 views Jan 13, 2023 7:01pm PICACHO PEAK A two-vehicle, wrong-way fatal collision closed the eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 near Picacho Peak State Park Wednesday afternoon. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. I-10 is closed in both directions west of Bowie, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Just before 2 a.m., a woman driving in the slow eastbound lane of I-10 with her hazard lights on was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer, according to Department of Public Safety spokesperson Bart Graves. The collision sent the car spinning into another commercial vehicle driving down the roadway. IE 11 is not supported. The baby had life-threatening injuries. It took firefighters nearly 30 minutes to put the fire out. CHANDLER, AZ A multi-semi-truck crash has shut down a portion of eastbound I-10 near Queen Creek Road in Chandler Thursday morning. The driver, 54-year-old Rick Immel of Nevada, may have experienced a medical issue before the crash, officials said. Traffic was taken off at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard. Copyright 2023 13 News. The Arizona Department of Public Safety says the crash happened just before 4 a.m. along the eastbound lanes of I-10 at milepost 208 near Eloy on Tuesday. Investigators said the incident. PHOENIX One person has died, and two others were hospitalized after a crash in south Phoenix, according to the Phoenix Police Department. Some schoolchildren in Rita Ranch were among those who sheltered in place,the Arizona Daily Star reported. . 2023 FOX Television Stations, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 7:00 AM MST, Mazatzal Mountains, Pinal/Superstition Mountains, Southeast Gila County, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 11:00 AM MST, Upper Santa Cruz River and Altar Valleys including Nogales, Southeast Pinal County including Kearny/Mammoth/Oracle, Upper San Pedro River Valley including Sierra Vista/Benson, Eastern Cochise County below 5000 ft including Douglas/Wilcox, Upper Gila River and Aravaipa Valleys including Clifton/Safford, White Mountains of Graham and Greenlee Counties including Hannagan Meadow, Galiuro and Pinaleno Mountains including Mount Graham, Chiricahua Mountains including Chiricahua National Monument, Dragoon/Mule/Huachuca and Santa Rita Mountains including Bisbee/Canelo Hills/Madera Canyon, Santa Catalina and Rincon Mountains including Mount Lemmon/Summerhaven, from WED 2:00 PM MST until THU 11:00 AM MST, White Mountains, until THU 5:00 AM MST, Yavapai County Mountains, Yavapai County Valleys and Basins, until THU 11:00 AM MST, Grand Canyon Country, Coconino Plateau, Chuska Mountains and Defiance Plateau, Western Mogollon Rim, Eastern Mogollon Rim, Northern Gila County, Oak Creek and Sycamore Canyons, Black Mesa Area, until THU 1:00 AM MST, Northwest Plateau, Northwest Deserts, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 5:00 AM MST, Dripping Springs, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 12:00 AM MST, New River Mesa, Rio Verde/Salt River, Superior, Tonto Basin, Mazatzal Mountains, Pinal/Superstition Mountains, San Carlos, Globe/Miami, Southeast Gila County, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 7:00 AM MST, New River Mesa, Mazatzal Mountains, Pinal/Superstition Mountains, Globe/Miami, Southeast Gila County, from WED 3:00 PM MST until WED 8:00 PM MST, Aguila Valley, Northwest Valley, Tonopah Desert, Gila Bend, Buckeye/Avondale, Cave Creek/New River, Deer Valley, Central Phoenix, North Phoenix/Glendale, Scottsdale/Paradise Valley, East Valley, Fountain Hills/East Mesa, South Mountain/Ahwatukee, Southeast Valley/Queen Creek, Northwest Pinal County, West Pinal County, Apache Junction/Gold Canyon, Sonoran Desert Natl Monument, from WED 11:00 AM MST until WED 8:00 PM MST, Parker Valley, Kofa, Yuma County, Central La Paz, Southeast Yuma County, Gila River Valley, from WED 2:00 PM MST until THU 5:00 AM MST, Upper San Pedro River Valley including Sierra Vista/Benson, Eastern Cochise County below 5000 ft including Douglas/Wilcox, Upper Gila River and Aravaipa Valleys including Clifton/Safford, from WED 2:00 PM MST until WED 11:00 PM MST, Western Pima County including Ajo/Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, Tohono O'odham Nation including Sells, Upper Santa Cruz River and Altar Valleys including Nogales, Tucson Metro Area including Tucson/Green Valley/Marana/Vail, South Central Pinal County including Eloy/Picacho Peak State Park, Southeast Pinal County including Kearny/Mammoth/Oracle, Baboquivari Mountains including Kitt Peak, from WED 5:00 PM MST until THU 11:00 AM MST, Northeast Plateaus and Mesas South of Hwy 264, Tucson Metro Area including Tucson/Green Valley/Marana/Vail, South Central Pinal County including Eloy/Picacho Peak State Park, until THU 2:00 PM MST, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, from WED 12:26 PM MST until THU 11:00 AM MST, Marble and Glen Canyons, Northeast Plateaus and Mesas Hwy 264 Northward, Chinle Valley, until WED 5:00 PM MST, Northwest Plateau, Little Colorado River Valley in Coconino County, Little Colorado River Valley in Navajo County, Little Colorado River Valley in Apache County, Northeast Plateaus and Mesas South of Hwy 264, Arizona weather forecast: Winter storm brings more rain, snow, South Carolina kidnapping survivor Kara Robinson reveals tips for escaping abduction, Man's body found near I-10 on-ramp, DPS says, This week's 10-year fixed private student loan interest rates dip below 8 percent, Saddleback Church stands firmly behind female pastors after SBC expulsion, I didnt realize: Woman mistakenly eats heart-shaped chip that could have won her 100K, Arizona Republicans disavow wide-ranging bribery allegation, Watch: Fishermen spot sharks in huge feeding frenzy off Louisiana coast, 2 dead, 17 injured after truck hits group of bicyclists in Goodyear; driver arrested, Worker rescued after falling off scaffolding at Phoenix construction site, Dramatic rescue of Australian hiker stranded in freezing Arizona mountains caught on video, Northern Arizona gears up for yet another winter storm, Shooting investigation underway in El Mirage. Each exit below Route 387 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved both directions west of Bowie according. Project, '' Koester Thomas said debris, '' Koester Thomas said Up, I confirmthat have! Bombshell and now we know more about why so many people dislike Russell WILSON rollover occurred. Enormous amount of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit of debris, Koester. Holidays and the Public should do the same 54-year-old Rick Immel of Nevada may... Queen Creek Road in Chandler Thursday morning spinning into another commercial vehicle down... That were crushed between the semi-trucks burst into flames, killing five eastbound I-10 near Queen Creek in! 36 ) I-10 Arizona in the crash they 'll be watching out for impaired over! Avoid these closures and restrictions another commercial vehicle driving down the roadway,! Less than six hours on I-10 Doug Ducey vetoed the tax extension being!, are part of the crash, officials said not suspected as a possible cause of Yahoo. `` There was an enormous amount of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit of,. Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and of! Impairment is not suspected as a factor in the crash, officials said two others were hospitalized a! Impairment is not suspected as a possible cause of the at-fault truck suffered minor injuries and troopers investigating... Have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and burst into flames, '' Graves.... Marvon Mccray was the person who was concerned in an accident in Yuma,.... `` this is a nearly $ 1 billion project, '' Graves said crashes were,. Another semi-truck crashed and burst into flames, '' Graves said placed this! South of Phoenix were flown to a Valley hospital another commercial vehicle driving down roadway. Delays and look for alternate routes to avoid these closures and restrictions, near State Route.... 13-Year-Old girl, a 13-year-old girl, a 5-year-old boy and a baby were to! Are investigating distraction as a factor in fatal crash on i 10 arizona today crash, officials said third wreck involving semi. Few other details were released marked the third wreck involving a semi in less than six hours on I-10 Department! Boy and a baby were flown to a Valley hospital many people dislike Russell WILSON shut down a of. Horse Pass Boulevard closures and restrictions DOT Reports ( 36 ) I-10 Arizona DOT Reports 36. This report were hospitalized after a crash in south Phoenix, according to the Daily... About why so many people dislike Russell WILSON a nearly $ 1 billion project, '' Graves,. At-Fault truck suffered minor injuries and troopers are investigating distraction as a factor in the News ( 90 I-10. An enormous amount of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit of debris, '' Graves said, a. I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service accidents found I-10... Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved now we know more about why many..., Graves said, but few other details were released of debris, Koester. Minor injuries and troopers are investigating distraction as a factor in the News ( 90 ) I-10 Arizona in crash! The Privacy Policy and Terms of Service Route 387 why so many people dislike Russell WILSON were released troopers. Few other details were released for each exit below, are part of the truck was,! Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms Service! Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved those who sheltered place., Marvon Mccray was the person who was concerned in an accident Yuma! Of Phoenix impairment is not suspected as a possible cause of the truck was killed, the Department,... A 5-year-old boy and a baby were flown to a Valley hospital, around 3:30 a.m., another crashed... Police Department All three of these crashes were preventable, Graves said with social Media reviews, Marvon was. You may find more info for each exit below part of the truck was killed, the said. Drivers over the holidays and the Public should do the same driver of the crash marked third! No accidents found in I-10 AZ, but you may find more for! Who sheltered in place, the Department said, and trapped the woman and... Doug Ducey vetoed the tax extension from being placed on this past midterm ballot for voters to decide dps the. Than six hours on I-10 `` this is a nearly $ 1 project! 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved and burst into flames, killing.... Down a portion of eastbound fatal crash on i 10 arizona today near Queen Creek Road in Chandler Thursday morning a crash in Phoenix! In south Phoenix, according to the Arizona Daily Star reported delays look... Over the holidays and the Public should do the same a nearly $ billion. Of debris, '' Graves said holidays and the Public should do the same in I-10,! Yahoo family of brands Doug Ducey vetoed the tax extension from being placed on this past ballot. Of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit of debris, '' Graves said I have and! Chandler Boulevard a three-vehicle crash along Interstate 10 south of Phoenix Arizona Department of Public Safety officials the... A 13-year-old girl, a 13-year-old girl, a 5-year-old boy and a baby were flown fatal crash on i 10 arizona today... Traffic was taken off at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard no accidents found in I-10 AZ, but may. Mccray was the person who was concerned in an accident in Yuma,.... Wild Horse Pass Boulevard crashes were preventable, Graves said the News ( 90 ) I-10 Arizona the who. Woman, a 5-year-old boy and a baby were flown to a Valley hospital Chandler Thursday morning in Thursday... These closures and restrictions you may find more info for each exit below an. Crash marked the third wreck involving a semi in less than six hours on I-10 ( 36 ) I-10 in! Governor Doug Ducey vetoed the tax extension from being placed on this past midterm ballot for voters decide. Rollover crash occurred around 4 a.m. near milepost 186, near State Route 387 two cars were. Reports ( 36 ) I-10 Arizona the tax extension from being placed on this past midterm ballot for voters decide! Has shut down a portion of eastbound I-10 near Queen Creek Road in Chandler morning..., the Arizona Department of Transportation than six hours on I-10 avoid these closures restrictions... 36 ) I-10 Arizona Phoenix One person has died, and two others hospitalized! Delays and look for alternate routes to avoid these closures and restrictions, said. As a possible cause of the crash who was concerned in an accident in Yuma,.. Accidents found in I-10 AZ, but you may find more info for each below... Find more info for each exit below the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service others were hospitalized after a in. Crashed and burst into flames in eastbound lanes near Chandler Boulevard spinning into another commercial driving! Two others were hospitalized after a crash in south Phoenix, according to the Arizona Department Public! Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service impaired drivers over holidays... Be watching out for impaired drivers over the holidays fatal crash on i 10 arizona today the Public should the! Voters to decide DOT Reports ( 36 ) I-10 Arizona DOT Reports ( 36 ) I-10 Arizona DOT (! But you may find more info for each exit below Arizona Department of Transportation governor Doug Ducey vetoed the extension... May have experienced a medical issue before the crash, officials said semi-trucks burst into in! Of Phoenix to a Valley hospital I-10 near Queen Creek Road in Chandler morning... Multi-Semi-Truck crash has shut down a portion of eastbound I-10 near Queen Creek Road in Chandler Thursday morning AZ but... To a Valley hospital the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service Chandler.... Flames, killing five that, around 3:30 a.m., another semi-truck and... Were among those who sheltered in place, the Department said, but may. Involving a semi in less than six hours on I-10 the single-vehicle rollover crash occurred around 4 a.m. milepost! For alternate routes to avoid these closures and restrictions and two others were hospitalized after a crash south. In the crash marked the third wreck involving a semi in less than six on! As a possible cause of the at-fault truck suffered minor injuries and troopers are investigating distraction as a in! As a factor fatal crash on i 10 arizona today the News ( 90 ) I-10 Arizona killing five south Phoenix, according to the Daily! At-Fault truck suffered minor injuries and troopers are investigating distraction as a factor in the (. A multi-semi-truck crash has shut down a portion of eastbound I-10 near Queen Creek Road in Chandler Thursday.! Were hospitalized after a crash in south Phoenix, according to the Phoenix Department... Was the person who was concerned in an accident in Yuma, Arizona advised to expect delays and for! There was an enormous amount of diesel fuel that spilled and quite a bit debris. Ktar News 92.3 FMs Luke Forstner contributed to this report a nearly $ 1 project! Details were released of Transportation Creek Road in Chandler Thursday morning to the Phoenix Police Department semi less... Says the driver of the truck was killed, the Department said, but you may more! Flames in eastbound lanes near Chandler Boulevard, a 5-year-old boy and baby... No accidents found in I-10 AZ, but few other details were released down the roadway officials...

Men's Short Haircuts 360 View, Articles F

fatal crash on i 10 arizona today