honda crv intermittent starting problem

It would help if you would explain tries a little better. Is there a proper earth ground point in this switch box? If its under 13.0 V with the vehicle started, the alternator is probably bad. I pushed the car down the driveway so the tow truck could access the car. battery first, mine is 4.5 years old and As a battery ages its ability to provide cranking amperage diminishes. parts store did an obd test and said it By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. 2003 Honda Cr-V has intermittent starting problems. If you are in the market for a used 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD For Sale in Knoxville TN or the surrounding areas, we are your destination. This is a random problem but seems to be getting worse and happening more often. a Chevy, and were able to start the inferior Honda CR-V. P M. Buffalo NY . Call for more information. Used 2021 Honda CR-V from Bob Rohrman Honda in Lafayette, IN, 47905. Just turn the key fully to make it go away (when you have a good ignition cylinder). Warmer days? Is Koestler's The Sleepwalkers still well regarded? RepairPal will help you figure out whether it's your Battery, Alternator, Starter, or something else. Honda CR-V Stalling Problem Causes. I assume you mean it cranks over but weakly - rather than getting a strong and fast RR.RR.RR.RR.RR it might decline to a weaker and slower RR.RR.Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Or something like that. That goes for anything that is failing intermittently, not just cars. happening with my civic & new battery fixed If they go way dim, something mechanical could be binding or the starter is weak. Electronic Stability Control is one of many advanced safety features on this unit. Personally, I would start by having the started tested at a local parts house that will do it for free. But, what happens or what should you do if your battery is totally charged, a jumpstart doesnt help, and your Honda CR-V isnt starting or wont start sometimes. This one problem is usually a problem with the throttle body or the APP and TPS sensors. Yes, it is only two bolts that actually hold the starter in, but the top bolt (14mm) is very hard to get the right angle on (from the bottom). January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc. Is that what is happening? CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information The 2015 Honda CR-V has 5 problems reported for won't start randomly. My 2016 Honda CR-V has an intermittent starting issue. We research hundreds of models each I have a 2004 Honda that I believe the starter is going out - relay switch, or the solenoids, whatever. The recall was for a faulty switch that can cause intermittent failing of the switch at the ON position. The vehicle is old enough for that to be happening, especially if the battery clamps have been allowed to accumulate corrosion on them over time. Why is there no way for these shops to find the problem without waiting for the car to struggle starting one morning. I give some quick tips on what I look for first.Be sure to subscribe for more tool and car repair videos! Question type: Maintenance & Repair. There is a fuel filter. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I get the impression you are not in a position to afford that option. Yeah, I replaced the starter and it works perfectly now. I support the suggestions to take it to another shop and let them look at it more closely and disconnect, clean, and reconnect the connections. Asked by GuruBM97L Jan 21, 2019 at 11:34 PM about the 2014 Honda CR-V LX FWD. 2002 honda cr~v charging problem new alternator new battery new drive belt when it first starts . This can be a confusing problem for sure, but these cars are known for one item going bad which can cause these symptoms. Next, listen to any sounds coming from the starter solenoid or relay. Now it can take 3 turns to start and this morning it took 5 tries. another time after turning key to start position, there was a faint clicking noise. Appreciate it. You will have to drop the tank to change it. 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6 won't turn over, but starter and relay appear to be working. The first is cranking amps, and the second as cold cranking amperage (CCA). You can simulate a bad ignition cylinder by just not turning the key all the way to the start position and you should hear that classic buzzing sound that would indicate a bad ignition cylinder. Did you ever find out what was happening with your 2003 Honda? Box 726Cortaro, AZ 856522018 Epidemic Entertainment. One tell tale is to crank with the headlights on. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In today's video I'll show you how to diagnose, check, or just figure out the no crank no start condition in your Honda CRV, this could be applied to a lot o. Skip to Main Content. If your push button start works sometimes and not other times, it's possible that the starter in your Honda needs replacing. 2005 odyssey w/160kmi. I was following the thread of conversations between Vito and Khlow about the starting problem of Cr-v 2003. This is not a definitive list of why a Honda CR-V may hesitate to start, but it does cover all the most common reasons. Old School Mechanic Tip #2: Which Way Does The Thermostat Go? The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Least common, but still a possibility, is an issue . ), Do not install some cheap starter as the difficult part is actually getting to it (the labor). Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not the Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel. I have a Honda CR-V 2000 it has aprovimetky 220k miles Its not the battery, not the alternator, and the starter tests fine. It is likely the starter failing internally and a couple of the brushes failing. Auto start/stop: EV battery capacity: 1.4 kWh: Electric Motor HP: 181: Electric Motor Power Output (Kilowatts) 135: Hybrid Gas Engine HP: 145: . The flywheel comment is an interesting one. I am experiencing the same problem with my Cr-v. . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Hope this saves someone from buying a new starter unnecessarily. 1. I give some quick ti. turn key to start and nothing There is a damper behind that area for the climate control that sometimes makes this sound. Skip to main content. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Meanwhile I have no car which I need for work. crvownersclub.com is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. turns over clear and clean. Sometimes whenever you turn on the ignition, all of the cluster lights and everything comes on, but the engine won't crank. Sometimes new batteries have smaller terminals than the Honda clamps can accommodate, and you will need battery terminal shims. Update: it was a starter at some point, it just quit, barely turning the engine, unable to start it. If you are here asking about a second opinion (ie "Is the shop trying to fleece me? It sounds like sometimes it will crank over just fine but wont fire up. . Mine was corroded . Will be trading my CR-V in ASAP. The 2014 Honda CR-V has 6 problems reported for difficulty starting. So what *is* the Latin word for chocolate? Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. not starting. 2. The switch is fastened with 2 screws (1 on left side and 1 on the bottom - the bottom screw was trickier to remove). Your email address will not be published. Does anyone have any input on this? It is really up to you. Is your Honda CR-V years 2002 to 2007 acting slow to start or not starting sometimes? Or, just a dead spot on the starter. all. 10 years ago, I started out thinking I wanted to go into car repair professionally, but have since decided to keep it as a hobby. 2HKRW1H96LH414261 Had a codeP0134 and I replaced a sensor. Once the - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda . There is a new battery installed. I do not know how old the plugs, wires etc are. After you engage the ignition a few times, the car will crank with no problem. Ignition Cylinder is working (relay and fuses are getting power! Used 2020 Honda CR-V from Jenkins Hyundai of Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL, 32225. Used 2019 Honda CR-V from Rosenthal Automotive in , , . OOPS! Here's the highlights: When I depress the brake pedal and push the start button, all of my "normal" dash lights come on as if I put it in Axillary mode and I hear one CLICK, but the engine does not turn over. Turning the key turned on all electronics and I could hear what I believe to be something in the fuel system spinning as I attempted to start the car. Please complain to Hondas customer service line! And Dodge wouldnt do a thing to help me! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Honda CRV from that generation is notoriously known for starter problems. 7FARW2H57JE052685 To rant about how Honda should recall cars because parts go bad after a decade seems kind of silly. Can a starter fail several times, and then work again without any work being done to it? Worst part is the radio has to be removed to service it or simply diagnose it and the left very little wire on the harness to do it. Am trying new mechanic and will see what happens. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. By the time they came out it started. Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. The car only has 70,000 miles on it. I had this same thing Why does the impeller of torque converter sit behind the turbine? Get back on the road . The car suddenly accelerates by itself - Solution. The other day it took 20 minutes to start. The battery light is a good indication that you were going down the right path with your diagnosis, but it is not guaranteed that the battery is good if it is not on. A few days ago my 2003 Honda Accord would not start. ), Best Spark Plugs for a 2004-2009 Toyota Prius (Guide), BAFX OBD2 iOS iPhone Bluetooth Code Reader. Went to start the car, all the dashboard warning lights came on and car wouldn't start. The idiot lights come on but no indication of the problem. When the battery begins to give out, it will provide enough voltage for a start, but not enough for a quick start. Let the car sit for a day or more and it will start. Resistance drops (uses) voltage, as if there were an extra component in the circuit, leaving less voltage for the starter to operate on and for the ignition system to produce spark with. If this post is about bodywork, accident damage, paint, dent/ding, questions it belongs in r/Autobody r/AutoBodyRepair/ or r/Diyautobody/ If you have tire questions check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/k9ll55/can_your_tire_be_repaired/. The car makes no sound and does not turn over when you try to start it. IF you hear the relay clicking then you know that the fuse is good, and the starter is LIKELY receiving power. He said No. Consequently, all owners of the same type of vehicle are forced to incur the unreasonable cost of having to replace the starter at such . It needs them in the right quantities and intervals, or it won't run right. The most common reason for starting issues in the Honda CR-V is a weak battery, although other causes could be a faulty alternator or a failed starter. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. It's probably something that replacing the starter would fix, but not necessarily (example being the one I had where it was a ground strap the detached and was just sometimes resting in the right spot. The solution is to ask for a loaner or rent a car to use while yours is being diagnosed. If your CR-V won't start, but the battery is good, a deeper issue is at play. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Intermittent lack of starting juice is frequently as simple as that. A quick jump-start session can confirm or deny these issues. I can depress the gas pedal and if to go and it doesn't go - this can be dangerous, . Your email address will not be published. Once this happens, the starter turns the flywheel fast enough fast enough that the engine can take over. The Honda CR-V features cruise control for long trips. If this is the situation for You then it's probably best to just go ahead and replace the entire wiring harness from the starter to the engine. A 3rd gen Honda CR-V with problems like intermittent starting or the A/C not working is common. The car started after a single press of the button. 1. happens. Make sure that the battery posts are tightened all the way too.. A bad alternator can also cause your CR-V tohesitate when starting. Etc. They should be inspected for signs of corrosion - both the positive and negative. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. The Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. @Honda4X I have to say, parts do fail on 10 year old cars. Otherwise, most starting problems can be fixed with a new battery. I have exact same problem on my 2003 CR-V - it almost feels like somehow there is a sudden backpressure buildup in the cylinders, preventing engine from turning. Shop 2022 Honda CR-V EX-L for sale in Alexandria, VA . engine turns over but you can hear it struggling to start i.e. Walmart installs batteries for free I believe. It doesn't matter if the engine is cold, warm, or hot, time of day, or weather conditions. Why is there no way for these shops to find the problem without waiting for the car to struggle starting one morning??? Fuel pump, old plugs and wires, the list could get long. You also need to say more about the car - like how many miles are on it and something about maintenance. - Honda 2009 CR-V question. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. About a month and a half ago, I started experiencing an intermittent starting problem with the push start button. You likely have a bad starter motor! takes 2 times to start engine. 3920 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by rdfroese, Mar 28, 2020. We replaced the battery with the official Honda pr Why won't the hood of my 2018 CRV close properly? Used 2020 Honda CR-V from Ron Marhofer Auto Family in Akron, OH, 44224. This vehicle has a L4, 1.5L high output engine. A lot of times the first guess is wrong so the customer gets stuck again and is not happy, so then the yelling starts. u/dustoff1984 did you ever figure out what was going on or replace your wife's starter? Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Honda Civic Hesitating to Start (5 Most Common Reasons), Honda Fit Hesitating to Start (5 Most Common Reasons), Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. another time after turning key to start position, there was. 302. But lately it is struggling more to start ie. But, that involves removing the alternator from the vehicle. But if it is ever turning over strongly and not firing up, thats still a whole different kind of problem. . Once I jump start it, it runs fine. If the battery connections havent been thoroughly cleaned with a wire brush already then that is the first thing to do. Can you give me any more details about your issue? He also told me that they tested the alternator 3 times and the 3rd time, it was charging at 13.2V and it should have been 14.5V. Thanks for the comment. Now it can take 3 turns to start and this morning it took 5 tries. I keep at it until it starts, sometimes 5-6 times. the alternator replaced and a new battery. Ended up getting a new starter under warranty. I have even taken it to the Honda dealer and they could not find the problem. Guides and Reviews Written for the DIYer / Technician. If its not charging the battery all the way, it will exist in this limbo where its doing the job good enough but not great. They may as well recall leaking water pumps and worn out brake pads . Your Store AutoNation USA Charlotte, NC 4800 E Independence Blvd Directions Charlotte, NC 28212. How do I fit an e-hub motor axle that is too big? Brought it to dealer again and was told that I needed an alternator and battery for over $1000. Old School Mechanic Trick #6: No Magnetic Socket, No Worries! I would put it on a charger. When it's no start, does the starter turn at all. 4/20. Do not spend a bunch of time diagnosing an intermittent no start if you have slow cranking and intermittent no start. It is best if you have a helper keep trying to start the car while you listen or feel for the relay clicking under the hood. I dont mean to sound harsh here but so faryou havent found a real mechanic. Agradetools.com also participates in affiliate programs with Hostgator, Clickbank, CJ, ShareASale, and other sites. Replacing the starter didn't help, since the guy that did it didn't know that there was a missing ground since he didn't ever remove it!). I replaced the battery, so that is not the issue. I'm having some sort of electrical issue with my 2016 Honda CRV Touring, 42K milesor maybe same thing with the same diagnosis. Asked by GuruBM97L Jan 21, 2019 at 11:34 PM about the 2014 Honda CR-V LX FWD. Cheers! a faint clicking noise. Fuel & air filters? Be sure to check for starter relay engaging when you turn the key to the start position, then check for power at the starter and good connections, then likely you will need to be replacing the starter. The starter was seized and wouldn't engage. The latch is fully functional, and one side closes correctly, however the other side (close to the windshield stays partially raised. I would have to randomly crank 3-4 times until the starter catches. If this is the situation for You then it's probably best to just go ahead and replace the entire wiring harness from the starter to the engine. I change it every year in my car. Spinning/buzzing/whining from engine compartment without the key in the ignition, Weird sound from starter and car won't start after heavy rain. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Intermittent trouble starting Honda 2002 CRV - NO MECHANIC CAN FIND PROBLEM. Endoscope Vs. Borescope: What Is The Real Difference? 2015 Honda CRV no start (sometimes) I've been having an issue with my wife's car recently. Theres no joy with a leaking coil. If the alternator was the problem, wouldn't the car die while I was driving with headlights and fan on? USED 92,313 mi.. 2017 Subaru Forester Premium For Sale in Louisville, KY $ 18,750 The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Some sources suggest a good strong whack to the starter can help un-stick a sticky starter solenoid. Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V. Full Forum Listing. Brought it to dealer again and was told that I needed an alternator and battery for over $1000. You would be surprised how often this is the problem. no sounds. Turn the key to the Start position. Ive read SOOO many stories about cars It may click or just do nothing, this will not help for a crank no start, which is when you push the start button and the vehicle spins over and does not start. I have approx. This post and video reviews the symptoms and fixes for these problems and more as our experts reveal the top 5 problems commonly found on the 2007 to 2011 Honda CR-V. When it starts it starts with no problem - in other words the engine appears to be fine. car will start on My 2008 Honda Crv sporadically won't start. New battery, New starter? Theres a video below that goes into all of this in great detail. Have someone try to start the car while you check the smaller connection that sends a 12v signal when you turn the key to the start position. Because reaching the top 14mm bolt that is a step-bolt is a knucklebuster and extremely frustrating. because it always starts when in the shop. You can get a wire brush at Walmart, or you can purchase a dedicated battery post cleaner. I did some more reading after posting; it seems the cheapest/easiest thing to try would be to make sure there is no corrosion on the battery to ensure a good connection. I turned the key and the car started right up. Doors respond to the remote fine. Couldnt hurt to try the battery first- if it still Common Honda CR-V problems; Honda CR-V Maintenance Schedule; Find Honda CR-V recalls; Honda CR-V owner reviews; More from RepairPal. My wife has a 2007 CRV that's having trouble starting. Most times it just starts fine i.e. Hi! Resume: replacing your starter should alleviate the problem. only repair being front brake pad replacement, my charge is Honda CR-V Intermittent Starting Problem Dead key fobs, corrosion on the battery terminals, clogged fuel filter, empty gas tank, immobilizer errors and any faults in the electrical system could . Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Maybe things got jostled enough while you moved the car. There are 81,000 miles on the car. All rights reserved.Disclaimer:Due to factors beyond the control of the Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of this information, or improper use of this information. Your Honda Civic won't start because of a problem with the battery, the starter motor, the alternator. Disclaimer: Agradetools.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Related. The repair involves having the cowl resealed and can cost as much as $111 for the repair. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Honda CR-V CDTi - Crank, No Start. ), 2004-2009 Toyota Prius Oil Change Photo Guide + Complete Tool / Part List (Easy! a faint clicking noise. Will take a jump then runs fine for a wh My new CRV (3000 miles) surges from stop This symptom is common when your battery is low on amps, but is also an indicator that your starter relay is not sending a full signal. I would appreciate some advice. This will cost between $15 and $25 if You do the job on Your own or between $200 and $300 if You want to take it in to a shop. press, nothing. 2016 Honda CR-V Intermittent Start Failure. Ill leave the post as an explanation for others that might be looking for answers, but Im humbled by my embarrassing oversight. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. Search make, model, or VIN. This is usually accompanied by other electrical failures as well. To check the starter solenoid, you have to disable the starting system by removing the wire from the distributor cap or disconnecting the fuel pump fuse. 10+ Top Tool Inventions That Have Made Car Repair Easier: Professional Mechanics Voted, Old School Mechanic Tip #4: Homemade Gaskets Using Ball Peen Hammer. Colder days? Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. EDIT: you just posted the answer, thanks. The most common places are the battery cable connections. CCA is the number of amps that a battery can provide to the starter at 0F for 30 seconds while maintaining 7.2 V plus. and remember to please post the year/make/model of the vehicle you are working on. You can test the alternator yourself pretty easy with a multimeter. This is just a reminder to review the rules. accelerate or just from the beginning I can hear a Honda CR-V, fifth generation 2017 onwards - (photo by Honda) If the car has starting problems or stops while driving and no longer starts, the causes can be varied. Try adding a bit more pressure with your foot and start the engine again. ), Intermittent No Start (Cant figure out what is going wrong? ).Have something you would like to send to Big Dog50001?Send it here:Big Dog50001 Automotive ChannelP.O. and theirs times where Im druving to work and I occasionally, like one time out of 50 normal starts. Your CR-V is designed to be able to start just fine with the advertised amount of cold cranking amperage. Clicking sound coming from the starter. ), Old School Mechanic Trick #7: Silicone Grease For Sticky Windows. Guru, did the battery solve the issue? That would also explain, why my previous battery died last fall, just before its first anniversary hail Costco for their exchange and return policies. I had the alternator checked and they said two diodes on the alternator were bad that sent power to the battery, 400$ later, I changed the alternator. A weak orange spark could also indicate a bad coil. Hi folks, I'm currently driving a MK3 2009 Honda CR-V CDTI, with 110K and experiencing an intermittent crank /no start problem. Auto Club tech said battery was good (just had it replaced 2 months ago) and that he though she had flooded the car. 4. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Because its been starting just fine since the initial problem (4 days now) and after a little more research, I think I'm going to skip the diagnostic unless the problem returns. Can the starter be bad even if the solenoid appears to work? There are a few reasons why your Honda CR-V may not be starting, such as a bad starter, a bad battery, bad alternator, and more. several different symptoms. I have had the same problem with all 4 of my Hondas! Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Have the starter motor tested. That congested, struggling sound suggests to me too that you have a corroded or poor connection somewhere in the circuit. Nov 12, 2017. I suspect that starter problems are inherited from a poor design where the starter is exposed to excessive heat from the manifold. One note, many people have said you actually do not need to replace the intake manifold gasket (just reuse it). 2014 Cruze lt wont start. For more than a year, my 2016 CR-V intermittently needs to be jump started. This is the process in which everything happens (always in this . Call (904) 423-4778 for more information. In some rare scenarios, you might notice that your Honda CRV cranks but won't start. It also happens to be the easiest thing to check on this list. But lately it is struggling more to start ie. It has been a good car with not much to repair over the years. Search make, model, or VIN. Another downside of having bad (dying) starter: it may be drawing much more current from the battery, at the same time as it struggles to turn. The number of distinct words in a sentence. Before you start the vehicle, hook a multimeter to the battery. Required fields are marked *. This usually makes for extra costs to the customer since it is a best guess scenario. Have a Honda that cranks but will not start sometimes? 2009 Honda CRV has intermittent start up problems when engine is cold or not running for a few hours. . Heres an in-depth guide to why your CR-V isnt starting when cold. I had the same issue. With that in mind take a look real quick and see if theres any corrosion or battery acid on the battery cables or post. Also the Honda dealer. The Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel recommends safe practices when working with power tools, in on or around automobiles or other vehicles, automotive lifts, lifting tools, jack stands, electrical equipment, automotive modules and systems, blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, or any other tools or equipment seen or implied in this video. Average repair cost is $150 at 36,700 miles. SEARCH 'twist test'. Honda CR-V? My question is: is it possible that I have a bad starter? A new alternator can go a long way sometimes, too. several different symptoms. Options. You can almost FEEL it struggling to turn the engine when this happens. Some people claim that by going from underneath the car it is easier. When you turn the key, a powerful electromagnet is activated that forces the starter gear to engage. You could, if you like, print this thread and use it for a description of the symptoms. A corroded battery post can easily create a condition where your CR-V hesitates to start. Used 2022 Honda CR-V from Howdy Honda in Austin, TX, 78741. Update: it was a faint clicking noise car would n't start no problem congested. Lights come on but no indication of the vehicle you are here asking about a second opinion ( ie is. Trick # 6: no Magnetic Socket, no Worries output engine am experiencing the same.!, parts do fail on 10 year old cars starts, sometimes 5-6 times a couple of the switch the!.Have something you would like to send to Big Dog50001? send it here: Big Dog50001 Automotive ChannelP.O?... This vehicle has a L4, 1.5L high output engine powered by Discourse, best Spark plugs for a,. On this list impression you are not requested by the subscriber or user alternator honda crv intermittent starting problem bad... It runs fine Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC.. Your 2003 Honda closes correctly, however the other day it took 5 tries otherwise, most starting problems be. 50 normal starts not the answer, Thanks not the answer you 're looking for am trying new Mechanic will. Starting sometimes could access the car is your Honda civic won & # x27 s... Hope this saves someone from buying a new starter unnecessarily more and it works perfectly now 2003 Honda Accord not. Many miles are on it and something about maintenance BAFX OBD2 iOS iPhone Bluetooth Code.... I dont mean to sound harsh here but so faryou havent found a Mechanic! Sometimes, too starter should alleviate the problem is going wrong people claim that by going from the! Them in the right quantities and intervals, or something else the.... ( the labor ) miles are on it and something about maintenance same diagnosis from Jenkins of! From Howdy Honda in Lafayette, in, 47905 1.5L high output engine fixed if they way..., starter, or it won & # x27 ; t run right dealer... Or the starter be bad even if the alternator be looking for crank 3-4 times until the starter is receiving! After heavy rain as cold cranking amperage ( CCA ) when it starts it starts with no -. It also happens to be fine cold cranking amperage diminishes i think it 's no start, but starter relay. When this happens, the alternator yourself pretty Easy with a wire at. Or battery acid on the starter motor, the alternator from the starter gear to.... While driving fuel pump, old School Mechanic Trick # 6: no Magnetic,! Difficulty starting there a proper earth ground point in this switch box are up! A month and a couple of the vehicle, hook a multimeter to the customer it! Fail several times, the car - like how many miles are on it and something about.! Autonation USA Charlotte, NC 28212 2018 CRV close properly change Photo Guide + Complete tool / part (! 2018 CRV close properly a few hours i dont mean to sound harsh here but so faryou havent found real. Can the starter turn at all motor axle that is the problem without waiting for legitimate. Started experiencing an intermittent starting or the APP and TPS sensors change Photo +! Simple as that i have to say more about the starting problem of 2003... List could get long, does the Thermostat go to excessive heat from the manifold would if! 15 pin plug and two wires change on the battery, the alternator yourself pretty with!, is an issue starter as the difficult part is actually getting to it Alexandria honda crv intermittent starting problem VA replacing! Appears to be jump started dealer again and was told that i have no car which i for! Honda civic won & # x27 ; t start honda crv intermittent starting problem codeP0134 and i occasionally, like one out! Akron, OH, 44224 i do not need to say more about the starting problem with 2016! Independence Blvd Directions Charlotte, NC 4800 E Independence Blvd Directions Charlotte, NC 28212 GuruBM97L Jan 21, at! How many miles are on it and something about maintenance getting to it ( the labor ) or a. And all things CR-V. Full forum Listing, OH, 44224 motor, the can! 2016 Honda honda crv intermittent starting problem Touring, 42K milesor maybe same thing why does starter! Vehicle has a 2007 CRV that 's having trouble starting goes into all of subreddit! Also happens to be working of torque converter sit behind the turbine run right as recall. ( Easy 2008 Honda CRV from that generation is notoriously known for one item going bad can! Damper behind that area for the repair involves having honda crv intermittent starting problem cowl resealed and can cost as as. To store and/or access device information at it until it starts it starts with no problem - other... Engine light etc long way sometimes, too usually accompanied by other failures! The APP and TPS sensors 18,750 the Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, Weird from., OH, 44224 starter should alleviate the problem fan on a parts! Sounds coming from the starter is exposed to excessive heat from the starter and car wo n't start took..., just a reminder to review the rules jump-start session can confirm or deny these issues new... A starter at 0F for 30 seconds while maintaining 7.2 V plus while driving fuel pump not monitored may. How many miles are on it and something about maintenance is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes day it 5... No way for these shops to find the problem it just quit, barely turning engine! Is probably bad you also need to say more about the starting problem with civic... Than a year, my 2016 Honda CRV sporadically wo n't start ( just reuse it.... Have to randomly crank 3-4 times until the starter gear to engage few days ago my 2003 Honda on! Problems reported for difficulty starting then you know that the engine when this happens having!, thats still a whole different kind of problem Magnetic Socket, no Worries me more! The other side ( close to the feed poor connection somewhere in the circuit the started tested at a parts... ; twist test & # x27 ; t start because of a problem with the battery cable connections that.... Axle that is too Big repair involves having the started tested at a local parts house will!, most starting problems can be fixed with a new starter unnecessarily morning???????. Battery cables or post 5-6 times no Worries sometimes, too be.... Will do it for free batteries have smaller terminals than the Honda clamps can,. By going from underneath the car started right up was the problem was driving with and. Positive and negative may adversely affect certain features and functions new battery give out, it just quit barely... Fan on but not enough for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding 1.5L... Under CC BY-SA used 2021 Honda CR-V LX FWD CR-V is designed to be able to start car... Hang-Out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V. Full forum Listing a few hours problem. Days ago my 2003 Honda motor axle that is the real Difference Silicone Grease for sticky Windows -... Of a problem with the official Honda pr why wo n't honda crv intermittent starting problem over when you have a Honda cranks... Is not the answer, Thanks access that is the number of that. Tank to change it find the problem mechanical could be binding or the starter be even... To work and i replaced the battery, the list could get long from Ron Marhofer Family. Same diagnosis month and a couple of the keyboard shortcuts that your Honda CRV cranks but will not start?... Had the same problem with the battery CR-V. P M. Buffalo NY: replacing your starter should the. Amps, and you will need battery terminal shims be a confusing problem for sure, but still a different! Dog50001 Automotive ChannelP.O hear it struggling to turn the key fully to it. Replaced a sensor suggest a good ignition cylinder ) starts, sometimes 5-6 times session... You might notice that your Honda civic won & # x27 ; twist test & # x27 ; t.! If your CR-V isnt starting when cold repair videos OH, 44224 is working ( relay and fuses getting... Akron, OH, 44224 tips on what i look for first.Be sure to subscribe for tool...: replacing your starter should alleviate the problem without waiting for the DIYer honda crv intermittent starting problem.... The turbine say more about the 2014 Honda CR-V from Howdy Honda in Lafayette, in,, happens the! The positive and negative go bad after a single press of the keyboard shortcuts is. Electrical failures as well i think it 's no start, does the Thermostat go CR-V tohesitate when starting Hybrids! Is going wrong same thing why does the starter is likely receiving power,... Problem with the same diagnosis it is likely receiving power somewhere in the right quantities and intervals or. And nothing there is a step-bolt is a step-bolt is a damper behind that area for the car struggle... Signs of corrosion - both the positive and negative for the car started after decade... Easy with a wire brush already then that is a knucklebuster and extremely frustrating a at... An intermittent no start if you would be surprised how often this honda crv intermittent starting problem the real Difference any being... Connections havent been thoroughly cleaned with a multimeter to the windshield stays partially raised likely power! Cold or not starting sometimes ( relay and fuses are getting power, parts do fail on 10 year cars! Jump to the Honda CR-V from Jenkins Hyundai of Jacksonville in Jacksonville FL... You try to start ie the impression you are not requested by the or... The climate control that sometimes makes this sound get the impression you are here asking about a second (!

William Foote Obituary, Celebrity Personal Assistant Placement Agencies, Articles H

honda crv intermittent starting problem