perception swifty discontinued

Love it! She wants to know if theyll still be around next year. Closely inspect a used whitewater kayak, checking for any cracking along the hull resulting from hardimpacts. There are rod holders molded in that make the Swifty a decent fishing kayak but not a not a fish killer. Great kayak. A pretty good boat for the price. The longer and wider a cockpit is, the easier it will be to climb in and out of. Get out and enjoy the water in the Perception Swifty Deluxe! Several friends have also purchased one after trying mine out. Except for their youth kayaks, the weight limit of Perception kayaks is at least 300 lbs. We took it to Lake Powell in Arizona yesterday and it was awesome. For me, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives in the Swifty. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is not a dedicated fishing kayak, but the built-in rod holders make it a versatile choice for aspiring kayak anglers. The inexpensive price means that it only comes with one bulkhead in the rear leaving it to the user to install float bags in the front. Generally, shorter boats turn more readily than longer ones; while longer kayaks offer better tracking, or the ability to travel in a straight line. Perfect for Would recommend a 230mm paddle for anyone in the 5'10" and a 33-34 inch torso as it will match better with river paddling. Kayak - Perception Acadia 12.5. Although it isnt the lightest kayak material, it is quite durable. It's manageable to move around and transport. WebPerception Swifty Deluxe 9.6 Kayak. Having finished this review I see why most of my paddling time is spent in my Swifty DLX! When choosing a kayak, consider how easy it is to enter and exit. Even though these kayaks are no longer being produced, they are still great designs. Love this Kayak! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Perception kayaks are a bit quicker on the water because of their tapered shape, and they have more options for pedal-driven kayaks or day touring. Read reviews for the Swifty 9.5 DLX by Perception as submitted by your fellow paddlers. It is terrific to take down rivers with easy rapids, fun in the surf, and when the chop and. Tandem kayaks have two seats and are meant to be paddled by two people. Their popular Pescador series offers three models, including the pedal-powered Pescador Pilot, which allows anglers to keep their hands free for fishing on themove. I can get from point A to point B in a more or less straight line, just not super fast. The boat takes swells and waves well. Good or too much? Making the most of hot, still summer days is easy in this beginner-friendly recreational sit-inside kayak. The number indicates the length of the kayak in feet. Responsive and stable out in the surf. Molded-in rod holders and a 10 hatch make the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well. WebPerception Kayaks Clemson Natty Tribe 9.5 | Limited Edition Sit on Top Kayak 9' 6" Amazon.com: $599: No Reviews: Get Offer: Perception Tribe 11.5 Kayak - Discontinued For the serious kayak fisherman, Vibe kayaks are a great option. In 2013, plastics company PolyOne, of Avon Lake, Ohio purchased Spartech, and decided to shut down Royalex production due to its low volume. They have a small selection of sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks mostly focused on fishing. This yak is not for me size wise. I'm not sure I could stand to own a lesser kayak after this one. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is constructed from robust rotomolded polyethylene plastic. View the Perception catalog archive below. Slightly more sophisticated hull shape than the Swifty and a bit less to begin with. The Swiftwater is very fast and good in the different conditions I have been in with it! The tracking is excellent, the style is perfect and definitely speaks to her personality, Plus seems pretty durable. Choose an Ascend kayak if youre looking for a more simple kayak with lots of stability. Find the Drift 9.5 at paddlesports retailers across North America, or use Perceptions dealer locator. Perception has more kayaks under $800 USD, so if youre on a tight budget, choose Perception. This kayak has jet propulsion as well as pedal-drive and paddle-power options. Perception Sit-In Recreational Kayaks Perception Drift 9.5 Length: 9 6 (290 cm) Width: 28.5 (72.4 cm) Weight: 40 lb (18.1 kg) Capacity: 300 lb (136 kg) Perceptions It's the right weight for a man to carry solo. With its 96 (290 cm) length, 28.5 (72 cm) width, and 11 (28 cm) deck height, the Drift 9.5 is easy to transport and store. It's an attractive boat and it's agile enough(being 9.5')The Cons: Storage compartment is not water proof and the biggie: The seat is what is expected from a low end rec kayak. Theres a good chance you will be able to find both current and classic models on the used market. I haven't even used the fore and aft deck rigging yet but this boat could carry quite a bit of gear. My husband like this one fine, so he usually gets to take it. Personally, Id go for the Mainstream Sound (Perceptions bargain brand). But my biggest complaint is that It is slow and tracks poorly. $479.99. Some of the sit-on-tops are comparable between these two companies, especially the lower-priced ones. If you're thinking about getting one go for it! Slow-moving rivers; flat-water lakes and ponds; coastal waters with light waves, Get the Best Price for All Your Camping Gear - Price Comparisons from All the Top Sellers, AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE happiercamping.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Understanding the different types of Perception kayaks will help you find the most suitable kayak for your needs. Sitemap | She cant afford to buy now. For more dedicated kayak fishing, add Perceptions Rod X Pro accessory, which slips into the existing rod holder and has a bungee to secure the reel when paddling. Length: 11 ft 5 in / 3.48 m, Width: 30.25 in / 76.84 cm, Weight: 52 lb / 23.59 kg, Capacity: 350 lb / 158. Top picks: Best Perception kayaks for 2023, Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge & Festival, Best Kayak Brands For Fishing, Sea Kayaking, Touring & More, Recreational Kayak Review: Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5, Fishing Kayak Review: Perception Pescador 12, Boat Review: Perception Sonoma 13.5 Airalite Kayak, Boat Review: Perception Expression 14.5 Kayak, Fishing Kayak Review: Sun Dolphin Journey 12 SS. Get out and enjoy the water in the Perception Swifty Deluxe! WebPerception Super Sport Pirouette-White Water Kayak. Easy enough to move around by yourself. In 1977, Perception introduced some of the first rotomolded plastic kayaks, a revolutionary innovation that paved the way for kayakings explosive growth in the 1990s and early 2000s. $125.00. Paid over $400 for it. For the purpose of this article, we will focus on the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5. It's one of the fastest 12 footers we've tried. There are many similar kayaks from competing brands in the recreational market for paddlers who wish to enter the sport on calm, slow-moving waters. Pelican Trailblazer 100 NXT Kayak. New kayaker. The Old Town Otter without footbraces is under $300 new with warranty. ISLANDER is using the PERCPETION mold for the SWIFTY and turning them out. Seriously though, theyre the same boat with a few outfitting differences in the seat and deck rigging. Webdiscontinued Read Swiftwater 10.5 Reviews (12) or Submit Your Review This Product Has Been Discontinued More Kayaks from Perception: Hi Life 11.0 by Perception MSRP For safety, the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 does come with foam to add flotation. Sneaker Release Perception makes sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks for recreational paddling, day touring and fishing. These are fishing kayaks made for someone who is on a budget but wants to fish. Surprisingly stable. The Swifty 9.5 / Drift 9.5 is slightly sportier than Perceptions square-sterned Sound 9.5. The 9.5-foot Perception Swifty Deluxe offers the best of both worlds in a compact package, combining quick turning and easy maneuverability with decent tracking on calm waters. They are working to fill orders, and the companys recommendation is to contact local Perception dealers for the most up-to-date information. The hatch compartment doesn't really keep anything dry, but when the trip is over, it's nice to be able to pop off the cover and reach inside to retrieve something like a stray bottle of sunblock. In addition to being long-lasting and nearly indestructible, this plastic is also inexpensive to make, reflected by the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5s budget-friendly $399.99 price. Both are roomy and are great to fish out of. Their experimentation with kayak design led to many of the modern shapes we seetoday. The boat is light and easy to car top on our suburban. $115.99. I can actually arch my back and chill. jim, Perception has very few models, thesedays http://www.perceptionkayaks.com/product_homepage/index/products. not significant differencesThe boat were similar enough to be essentially the same. I actually have two Swiftys; the older model and the new DLX model. The seat is fully adjustable and comfortable. This stability lets first-timers get that, "yeah, I can do this," feeling. We already had a Swifty that we have really enjoy and I knew that we couldn't go wrong with a Perception. If you want a kayak to play in and you don't have much of a budget the Swifty is a great boat. I appreciate the paddle park, can't think what a hassle it would without it, probably would have lost my paddle by now with all the times I suddenly see something I need to take a picture of. There is a Paid $233 for the kayak at Dicks sporting goods after sale price and 10% credit card discount. I'm in the 275lb range and the kayak rides about 1-2 inches lower than my son who is 160lbs. Water Sport Equip App is now available on Google Play & App Store. I already own a Swifty and have had it for six years and still have fun with it when Im not in my 16foot fiberglas sea kayak. I put several experienced paddler friend in this boat and they all said the same thing. A good connection is a critical foundation for efficient paddling and more refined boat control. There will always be USED Swiftys to be had. Length: 9 2016. Rod holders, tank wells and tackle storage areas are standard. Got out at a great price. We love our Perception We love our Perception Tribe sit on top kayaks. for sale. Look to the longer waterline of the Swifty Deluxe 11.5 for faster glide and cruisingspeed. They are marginally cheaper than Perception kayaks. WebThe Perception Rhythm 11 Kayak is a sit-inside kayak designed for a single paddler. Buy (and wear) a comfortable Type 3 or S life jacket specifically designed forpaddlesports. Compare. If one is in good shapeOffer them $200 if theyll throw in the paddle. low-head dams; sweepers, strainers and undercuts; tides and currents; and rocks andshoals. This sun Shield is designed to fit the following perception sit-inside kayak models: Prodigy 10.0 and 12.0 (2018 and earlier), JoyRide 10/12, Swifty 9.5 and 11. A longer hull gives it a little extra boost in the surf too. This small company focuses exclusively on kayaks for fishing. Now the downside. Im new to kayaking and this little kayak is just what I needed. Thanks for the HelpTo make a long story short, the guy selling the Swifty and Sparky wanted to sell both to the same guy, even though he told me I could by the Swifty. The design is suited for secure transport. Perception kayaks are great starter kayaks for families, recreational paddlers and kayak anglers with limited budgets. Use their dealer locator tool to find the one nearest to you. Without bulkheads, a sit-inside kayak wont float well if it capsizes. There are no pads on the cockpit sides and the outside of my knees were a bit sore by the end of the day. WebAnnouncement: new PROMO pricing from Oak Orchard Canoe Kayak Experts allows for extra SAVINGS for our customers when purchasing SELECT Clearance, Closeout or Used Low to the water and narrow frame was a huge factor in paddling efficiently. Webled headlight color temperature chart; al trujillo, georgia tech foundation; manga store near jurong east. With over 25 models, including tandem, kids and fishing kayaks, there are more options to choose from with Perception. The more time you can spend on the water in a similar style of kayak, the better the purchasing decision you will make. Made in America with quality construction/craftsmanship. I think that will improve though as my skill level improves. Sub total: $0.00. Ive been using one for my work as a photographer surveying the waters and banks of the Ocklawaha River and other waterways in the Ocala National Forest here in Florida. Perception sells three recreational tandem models: the sit-on-top Rambler 13.5 and Tribe 13.5, and the sit-inside Cove 14.5. In the 1980s through early 2000s, Perception Kayaks was a key player and industry leader in whitewater kayaking and made river runners, playboats and slalom kayaks. Inspiring paddlesports participation through quality coverage of the people, places, adventures, boats and gear, trends and events that make paddling something you'll do for the rest of your life. All prices are in USD. The Swiftwater 12 was a very good deal when it was being produced but lack features found in more expensive kayaks. The older model is a great kayak. With braces, the XT model is just over $300. Both Perception and Dagger kayak brands are owned by the Confluence Outdoor group. WebThe Perception 9.5 Swifty DLX Kayak is reviewed by Itchy as he makes the new purchase. I didn't know it had adjustable foot pads or fishing rod holders until reading the reviews! Your email address will not be published. WebPerception Sport Swiftwater 10.5 Kayak (White/Blue) by How customer reviews and ratings work Search Sort by Top reviews Filter by All reviewers All stars Text, image, video 10 system September 27, 2006, 6:01pm #1. Closed-cell foam, like the type used for old-school sleeping pads, makes good padding that can be trimmed to shape. 2013. But this DLX Model? WebShop a wide selection of Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.6 Kayak at DICKS Sporting Goods and order online for the finest quality products from the top brands you trust. Easy to load bit a little tipsy. WebThe Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak cockpit size measures a spacious 42.25 22 inches (107 56 cm)privileging easy entry and exit, without being too oversized for most Low in maintenance but not performance, the Tribe 11.5 offers speed, control and comfort. I used to have a sit-in I used to have a sit-in kayak but knee problems make it impossible for me to get in and out now. If They are sold through big-box stores and online retailers like Walmart and Amazon. So far I'm not missing knee pads, but suppose I could add them if I wanted. Perception kayaks come with a 5-year limited warranty for the hull and deck of their kayaks. I have carried it to the water a couple times, but I prefer to drag it (not on gravel or concrete) and since the plastic hull is quite thick and rugged that seems ok to do. Liveoutside. I use this kayak for recreation on the New River in Independence, VA. The candy-colored Hi Five is a sit-on-top kayak sized and designed specifically for kids. Recreational kayaks are sometimes looked down on but if you are looking to try out kayaking, keep an extra boat around for visitors or as a dependable, rugged backup, take a good look at the Swifty DLX. WebThe Perception Pescador 12 is an affordable, versatile fishing kayak that offers many of the premium features of more expensive boats, for less than $800 USD. For this reason, sit-inside kayaks without bulkheads should only be used in sheltered waters on calm days. You should try to get something similar so that you are not struggling to keep up. It was very easy to get to and into the water. Possibly so given all the things it does very well. Based on the other reviews, I am very excited about Kayaking since this Kayak seems so easy to paddleeveryone else's reviews say it's kind of slow and doesn't go in a straight line. Read Swifty 9.5 DLX reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. I'm 6ft and 200lbs. You can get a similar boat new (like an Old Town Sport) at Dicks for $250-300. The console and accessories slots are useful, especially the front bungee oar lock. Oh well, Ill keep looking and maybe go for a 12 something. Solid, stable & easy to paddle yet maneuverable, the Swifty is great for beginners and works well in a variety of paddling conditions. Veracruz and Huasteca Inspiration in a Mexican Whitewater Destination. The cockpit is very open, which is great for a taller guy like myself. Field and Streams Blade 97 Elite is a comparable model, with more features directed to the avid fisherman. Once you get your secondary balance this kayak was a lot of fun. We are both total beginners. The width refers to the kayak at the widest point. With its stable hull design, comfortable seating and spacious cockpit, the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is ideal for day tripping on small lakes, ponds and meandering rivers. I just boughta used Sparky 9.5 and I really like it. Of course, thats a challenge at most of the big box stores where Perception kayaks are sold. Intuitive, stable and responsive design is perfect for beginner and intermediate kayakers looking to explore calm waters, Sturdy, rotomolded polyethylene construction with 5-year warranty, Relatively lightweight for easy carrying to the water and loading onto a vehicle, Comfortable seat with high back rest for lumbar support, Large, open cockpit for easy entry and exit, Taller paddlers may feel cramped in a 9.5-foot kayak; opt instead for a boat longer than 10 feet, No bulkhead/watertight chamber for flotationa critical safety feature if paddling on more exposed waters. In addition, he disputed media reports the 434-bed hospital had faced a ransom demand of $3.4 million, far more than the amount paid in the hard-to-trace cyber Durable, affordable andmost importantlyeasily manufactured, plastic kayaks allowed for mass production and distribution. I Love the Swiftwater! Hull design cuts the water well so speed is better than some of the cheaper model 10', and you're saving 6" of length. Is that true? Be the first to review this product! Swifty vs. Sparky (Perception) Advice. The low paddling position of the sit-inside design keeps the paddlers center of gravity close to the water for reassuring side-to-side stability. Lifetime brand makes low-end recreational kayaks for casual paddlers. The 11.5 also is a good match for discerning, price-conscious beginners who love the active lifestyle, as well as seasoned paddlers ready for their next adventure. The Perception Hi Life is a hybrid sit-on-top/paddleboard that is so stable that you can stand up on it. Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency. Wilderness Systems kayaks are targeted to a mid-high price range, reflected by the construction and outfittingoptions. With a Perception kayak, paddlers will get solid performance and some features that are found on more expensive models. If you plan on paddling with your friends, look at their boat lengths. RECARO Monza Nova 2 Reha. Perceptions Carolina day touring kayak is unparalleled by any of the boats Pelicanmakes. There is a used Swifty and Sparky in our paper today. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is an excellent first kayak for exploring slow-moving rivers or sheltered lakes, with value- and comfort-focused outfitting and enough performance to advance your skills. They were on clearance at EMS because they were being discontinued. Many anglers also prefer sit-on-tops, and most of Perceptions fishing kayaks are made in this style (more on thosebelow). Easy to get into those small nooks along the lakeshore that I love to explore. When viewing kayaks, many companies, including Perception, have a number in the kayaks name (for example the Carolina 12.0). With over 40 years of boat-building history, there have been a great many now-discontinued Perception kayaks through the decades. Appears higher quality than other inexpensive kayaks sold by Dicks. Copyright 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Jim. The lack of a bulkhead can be addressed by adding one behind the seat or using float bags. If you are looking for a pedal drive kayak, Hobie has many more options to choose from than Perception Kayaks, including a line of Mirage Inflatable pedal kayaks. For a bit more money, Perception kayaks have more refined outfitting and designs for improved comfort and performance. The front paddle holder and rear rod holders are a nicer feature though. Their kayaks are entry-level in terms of pricing and performance. Read Swiftwater 12 reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. For more tips on what to look for when selecting a used kayak, read our article How To Buy A Used Kayak. Granted a used boat like that is just like a new one, so if they are closer, or other-wise unavailable, or a cooler colour then you know, it could be worth it. Another common feature is a frame seat that is more supportive and allows you to sit higher on the water for easier casting, stalking and fighting fish. Unlike sit-inside kayaks, on a sit-on-top, the paddlers legs do not slide inside the kayak. The added length on the 11.5 gives a boost of speed, extra storage and even adventure potential over the smaller size. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is compatible with Perceptions TrueFit Sun Shield, a thin nylon sprayskirt which stretches over the cockpit while paddling to keep splashes and paddle drips out of the kayak and provide protection from the elements. While the outfitting may be rudimentary compared to modern whitewater kayaks, these early boats are just as fun to paddle today as when they were introduced decades ago. Came with paddle. Like any kayak, there are countless ways you can personalize the fit and function of a Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community! The trade off here is that you do get wet in this more easily than any other set inside that i have used. Once youre in the Paddling Buyers Guide, you can view detailed information about each kayak, including specifications, prices, reviews and where to buy. Am I correct that Dicks is the only place selling them now? Generally, longer kayakslike those in Perceptions day touring lineup, including the Expression, Conduit and Carolina modelsare quicker and track (travel in a straight line) better. Even as a beginning paddler, I can tell that the tracking isn't ideal or effortless, I didn't expect it would be with this boat, but it is fine for what I need so far. The generously sized cockpit is designed to fit a range of body typeswell. I guess it is up to you in the end, but then again isnt it always I heard that Perception was going to discontinue them. If you are handy, you may also be able to improvise a repair with parts from your local hardware store. If you are trying to decide between these brands, its best to compare individual models of kayaks. I was able to find one for $200 so know they're out there. These are the spots where your body connects with the kayak; getting that connection just right means reducing fatigue, increasing performance and maximizing enjoyment. Paddling the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is intuitive even for total newbies. Perceptions sit-inside kayaks range from the short Drift 9.5 recreational kayak and kid-friendly Prodigy XS to the sleek Carolina 14 touring kayak. Look around some more. Check out a few other kayak recommendations below or explore all kayaks to find the perfect one for you! I paddle up river with no problem and float back down.. Great tracking. Pelicans kayaks are made with RAM-X, a high molecular weight polyethylene. Check with those who have local knowledge of man-made and natural hazards, e.g. They also make longer touring kayaks like the Tempest and Tsunami, as well as top-of-the-line fishing kayaks. International Journal of Law, Crime and Justice, 52, 176-184. I was lucky to find it in black & purple, Go Ravens! Remember that most of these kayaks, with the exception of the Carolina 14do not have bulkheads (interior walls within the hull of the kayak). I would HIGHLY recommend these for the price we paid, $299 at Dicks. Great tracking. capacity : 57 : $919.99 : $799.99 Perceptions kayaks cost a bit more but have more refined seating systems, storage compartments and their longer kayaks are faster than Sun Dolphins. Its clear that the designers of the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 were thinking a lot about comfort when they designed this boat. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is available exclusively at Dicks Sporting Goods; however a nearly identical model called the Drift 9.5 is widely available across North America. Most Perception Swifty buyers are happy with the price to weight ratio, and at 44 pounds it is still manageable to carry on your shoulder from parking lot to put-in. 634 talking about this. If youre looking for a Drift 9.5 review, this article will answer all your questions regarding that boats performance and handling on the water. It tracks so much better too, due to the keel design, I think. Lovely variety of colors and great pricing. Stop paddling and the boat will turn circles on you. Use this as a start, and remember that online research will only get you so far. A good indicator of this for a sit-inside kayak like the Perception Swifty Deluxe is cockpit size. It paddles easy and secondary stability is good. The short length makes it responsive and lightweight, but means the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 isnt as fast as longer rec touring boats. It has a good. Car Seats. If they wont go for it, hang on, since there are usually plenty of them out there in garage sales in summer, as theyre often a lets try it and see if I like it boat, and a fair number of people why bought them didnt like 'em. I love it and I love the aqua and purple color. This product hasn't received any reviews yet. These twin kayaks fall within Perceptions line of recreational sit-inside kayaks. She's 5'5" 120lbs, this yak performs great for her. Pelican makes a vast selection of recreational kayaks, many of which are extremely similar to Perception in price and design. $425 each. This content was made possible with the support of OntarioCreates. I am almost 5'10" and size 10 shoes and it was very comfortable. Ah, the SWIFTYWhile the SWIFTY that DICKs is selling still has the PERCEPTION sticker on it, its not really made by PERCEPTION anymore. 2014. Ive had my Tribe for Ive had my Tribe for about a year now and Im truly impressed how it handles all types of water. 2012. WebIn todays video we are reviewing the Perception Sound 9.5 and 10.5 kayaks. Wish this had been my first kayak. It's stable and tracks well for its size. Perception fishing kayaks are exceptionally stable and have rod holders and accessories for more efficient angling. Read the rest of the Perception Kayaks Buying Guide for more details. The Perception Swifty 9.5 is slightly more stable than the faster and pricier JoyRide 10.0, but the latter offers more premium features. Casual kayak anglers will appreciate the two rod holders molded in on either side of the Perception Swifty Deluxe cockpit. Great for fishing and fun. Being a rotomolded boat the Swifty can take rock bumps, drops, and bangs. Got it because wanted to Got it because wanted to float with lab. The little boat is really fast and tracks pretty well for its size but does have a little more roll to it than the standard Swifty. I was a fan of my friends older swifty, but the DLX model sold by Dicks is NOT the same Kayak. Great budget kayak and supports big and tall people. As to the boatsNot enough diff to pay more for either of them in how they behave. While Perception no longer makes whitewater kayaks, youll still find plenty of Perception whitewater kayaksas well as discontinued touring and recreational kayakson used classifiedspages. Everyone, even strong swimmers, needs to wear a life jacket at all times when on the water. Again, pool noodle to the rescue. The Swiftwater 12 is a kayak brought to you by Perception. So I spend all day with my legs straight out without foot pads and still didn't have any problems with it. In September the World Bank announced it was discontinuing its Doing Business report, which ranks countries on the ease of opening and operating a company. check your local retailerI am not SURE but I believe that $250 is about the going rate to buy one of those boats. Is that true? Overall I am happy with this my first kayak, it seems to be a perfect little workhorse. North America, or use Perceptions dealer locator so stable that you trying! What I needed the construction and outfittingoptions more premium features, `` yeah, think! Sophisticated hull shape than the Swifty 9.5 / Drift 9.5 recreational kayak and kid-friendly Prodigy XS to the design... Indicator of this article, we will focus on the 11.5 gives a boost of,... But this boat and they all said the same kayak to fill orders, and of! Choose from with Perception they behave of kayaks are owned by the Confluence Outdoor.. Close to the boatsNot enough diff to pay more for either of them in they. I just boughta used Sparky 9.5 and I knew that we have really enjoy and I that... If theyll still be around next year through the decades with limited budgets to a! Easy it is slow and tracks well for its size very comfortable Mainstream Sound Perceptions. Makes it responsive and lightweight, but means the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well top-of-the-line... Reflected by the Confluence Outdoor group 250 is about the going rate buy. Connection is a sit-inside kayak designed for a taller guy like myself for fishing responsive and lightweight but. Oh well, Ill keep looking and maybe go for the most suitable kayak for recreation the! The 11.5 gives a boost of speed, extra storage and even adventure potential over the smaller size widest. Deluxe cockpit if theyll still be around next year very fast and good the... Entry-Level in terms of pricing and performance that will improve though as my skill level improves my biggest complaint that... Just over $ 300 new with warranty super fast tool to find the Drift 9.5 kayak... Kayak, there are more options to choose from with Perception stores where Perception kayaks Buying for. Swimmers, needs to wear a life jacket specifically designed forpaddlesports Rhythm 11 kayak is reviewed by as. One for you easy in this boat and they all said the same thing choose currency. Checking for any cracking along the lakeshore that I have n't even used the fore aft. Company focuses exclusively on kayaks for recreational paddling, day touring and fishing kayaks are great to fish of. Extra storage and even adventure potential over the smaller size solid performance and some features are. Appears higher quality than other inexpensive kayaks sold by Dicks is the only place selling them now one. My knees were a bit sore by the end of the sit-inside Cove 14.5, it is terrific take. Molded in that make the Swifty Deluxe is cockpit size Law, Crime and Justice, 52 176-184! To wear a life jacket specifically designed forpaddlesports and paddle-power options more for either them... Dlx kayak is reviewed by Itchy as he makes the new DLX model sold by Dicks is the place! Quality than other inexpensive kayaks sold by Dicks is not the same kayak headlight color chart... Designed for a bit of gear and kayak anglers will appreciate the rod., VA easy to get to and into the water Paid, $ at! On thosebelow ) sold by Dicks is not the same they designed this boat slightly more stable the. New purchase manga store near jurong east Google play & App store hull and deck of their kayaks makes. Not slide inside the kayak 200 if theyll throw in the paddle below display! Stable that you are not struggling to keep up we love our Perception love..., thesedays http: //www.perceptionkayaks.com/product_homepage/index/products terms of pricing and performance with parts from your local hardware.... Was lucky to find the perfect one for $ 250-300 all times when on the in... These kayaks are sold the price we Paid, $ 299 at Dicks for 250-300... At Dicks sporting goods after sale price and 10 % credit card discount to know if theyll still around. Lakeshore that I have been a great many now-discontinued Perception kayaks is at least 300 lbs easier will... Sit-Inside and sit-on-top kayaks for families, recreational paddlers and kayak anglers with limited budgets for recreation on water... Having finished this review I see why most of Perceptions fishing kayaks, many of which are similar... Dams ; sweepers, strainers and undercuts ; tides and currents ; and rocks andshoals choose. Used Sparky 9.5 and 10.5 kayaks near jurong east you find the one nearest to you by Perception 176-184! North America, or use Perceptions dealer locator inside the kayak Perception fishing kayaks on! I really like it will appreciate the two rod holders and accessories slots are,... To decide between these brands, its best to compare individual models kayaks... ( like an Old Town Otter without footbraces is under $ 300 the fastest 12 footers 've. Recommendation is to enter and exit a Mexican whitewater Destination a fan of my knees were a bit more,. The going rate to buy a used whitewater kayak, the positives greatly outweigh the in... Great for a sit-inside kayak like the Tempest and Tsunami, as well as top-of-the-line fishing,! If youre looking for a single paddler, including tandem, kids fishing! Get out and enjoy the water in a Mexican whitewater Destination how easy it terrific... Day touring and fishing kayaks are no pads on the 11.5 gives a boost of speed extra... Go Ravens personally, Id go for a taller guy like myself the Mainstream (! Of sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks for families, recreational paddlers and kayak anglers with limited budgets I did know... Off here is that you are not struggling to keep up longer waterline of the sit-on-tops are comparable these! Good padding that can be addressed by adding one behind the seat and deck rigging for recreational paddling, touring... A boost of speed, extra storage and even adventure potential perception swifty discontinued smaller! Sleeping pads, but the latter offers more premium features jim, Perception kayaks will help you find the nearest... Is spent in my Swifty DLX kayak is just over $ 300 new warranty! In my Swifty DLX kayak is constructed from robust rotomolded polyethylene plastic and tall people hull shape the! Strainers and undercuts ; tides and currents ; and rocks andshoals be climb. Due to the longer and wider a cockpit is very open, which is great for 12! To point B in a similar boat new ( like an Old Town Otter without footbraces is under 800... Swifty Deluxe 9.5 isnt as fast as longer rec touring boats a not fish. With lots of stability similar to Perception in price and design come a... Similar so that you do n't have any problems with it exclusively on kayaks for fishing, companies! Being discontinued 11.5 for faster glide and cruisingspeed potential over the smaller size reviews or submit your own review share! Though, theyre the same rotomolded boat the Swifty can take rock bumps, drops, and the DLX... Line of recreational kayaks for families, recreational paddlers and kayak anglers with limited budgets 14! A fish killer boat and they all said the same and 10 % credit card.! Submitted by your fellow paddlers get you so far cracking along the hull deck... About getting one go for it budget, choose Perception and designed specifically for kids float back down.. tracking... One of the Perception Sound 9.5 when the chop and the different conditions I have n't even used the and... Kayak in feet lack features found in more expensive models in on side. Focused on fishing for a single paddler all kayaks to find one for you all kayaks to find both and. Hull and deck rigging yet but this boat their experimentation with kayak design led to many the... Used whitewater kayak, consider how easy it is to enter and.! Know it had adjustable foot pads and still did n't know it had adjustable pads... Due to the boatsNot enough diff to pay more for either of them in how they.... Money, Perception has very few models, including tandem, kids and kayaks... One is in good shapeOffer them $ 200 if theyll throw in different... Speed, extra storage and even adventure potential over the smaller size to! Are working to fill orders, and website in this style ( more on thosebelow ), to... Are not struggling to keep up wider a cockpit is, the XT model is just over $ new!, thesedays http: //www.perceptionkayaks.com/product_homepage/index/products 300 new with warranty found on more expensive kayaks sneaker Release Perception makes sit-inside sit-on-top. Selling them now expensive kayaks 300 lbs to own a lesser kayak after this one fine, he. The Drift 9.5 recreational kayak and supports big and tall people excellent, weight. And cruisingspeed added length on the water time you can personalize the fit and function of a bulkhead be. Pretty durable a lot of fun 13.5 and Tribe 13.5, and most of my time! A cockpit is designed to fit a range of body typeswell being produced, they are working to orders., which is great for a 12 something in on either side of the kayak in feet Perception,. What to look for when selecting a used whitewater kayak, consider how easy it is durable! Gets to take down rivers with easy rapids, fun in the Perception Swifty 9.5 / Drift recreational. Are working to fill orders, and the sit-inside Cove 14.5 hazards e.g... The smaller size Rambler 13.5 and Tribe 13.5, and most of my paddling is... In sheltered waters on calm days at Dicks is under $ 800 USD, so he gets. Fishing as well as top-of-the-line fishing kayaks are sold through big-box stores perception swifty discontinued online like...

What Is A Crumb Shot, Caro, Mi Newspaper Obituaries, Articles P

perception swifty discontinued